Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the door and opening up my post.

To my suprise, I've just received a letter from Alfa Romeo and also the first issue of their new owners club magazine..! Where did that come from??

Anyone else receive this recently?

Some of the 'perks' listed are:

• Take part in exclusive Alfa Romeo events & competitions
  • Access to an exclusive owners website
  • Alfa Romeo, latest news/reviews
They are calling it 'MyAlfa' and I've been advised to log into The Irish Alfa site using the registration code provided and click on the 'myalfa' section.

Back in 10, going to see what this is all about!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Looks like it may just be an Irish thing as there is no 'My Alfa' page on the .co.uk site :(

Look forward to hearing if it is any good though:)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'm registered but I cannot access the site just yet. I presume I am awaiting activation or something..

I've just received an email however, notifying me that the first event associated with this club is an Italian day at the Italian ambassadors residence in Lucan, Co. Dublin (about 8 minutes from my house!).

Here, I will have:

• the opportunity to test drive the new range of Alfa Romeo Models, including the new Alfa Spider
  • authentic Italian cooking
:D

Sounds good. As soon as I gain access to the members site, I'll post back. This sounds promising - something Alfa were severly lacking IMO. Even a bi-monthly magazine would be great.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The huge building to the top left of the image below is the Ambassadors residence. Last time I checked, there was a fleet of Audi A8's - I do hope they've converted to Alfa's this year!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a copy of this drop through my letterbox this morning.

2 magazines, 'Feel UK' and 'Feel Mad'. Perhaps the latter is how they think Alfa customers feel about their service?

And an invitation to join the new "Alfa Romeo Membership Club" - Cloverleaaf at www.cloverleafclub.co.uk. It appears that you have to be 'invited' to join the club by receiving the mags and letters in the post.

I have registered but I've not had time to have a good look at the site, but on first look it appears to be a marketing tool from which I now expect spam from Alfa Romeo!

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi ciars

to access myalfa ( and register for alfa day :) ) you can log in using your email address ( as specified in registration) and password as registered

see you on 24th ( hopefully we will both get invited as they say "places are limited")

FD

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi FD,

Tried that - no such luck. It won't let me in...typical!

I may try again with the newer car details, as the initial registration was for my previous GT (according to the chassis # & registration details!).

I'll try it again as soon as I get a second.

With regard to the 24th, did you receive an invite via email? I did, so hopefully thats enough. Worth going along to, even just the once to see what all of the fuss is about :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I have registered with the Alfa site in the UK and they sent me an activation email but when I log on it doesn't recognise me - not the first time in my life I have that problem mind.......:)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dpat, I don't feel as left out now ;)

I called the girl in Alfa Ireland head office earlier - she is dealing with my account and will get back to me by end of business...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It seems from the AROC site that Alfa are forming their own Club :rolleyes:

Surely they should / could have spoken to the AROC MT & formed some sort of alliance :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
(I may try again with the newer car details, as the initial registration was for my previous GT (according to the chassis # & registration details!).)

Did you register on myalfa ? when I did within 5 minutes I received the activation email back

(With regard to the 24th, did you receive an invite via email? I did, so hopefully thats enough. Worth going along to, even just the once to see what all of the fuss is about :)[/QUOTE])

is it an invite to the event or an invite to register for the event?

FD

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Squadrone Rosso said:
It seems from the AROC site that Alfa are forming their own Club :rolleyes:

Surely they should / could have spoken to the AROC MT & formed some sort of alliance :confused:
Maybe, but the AROC has a fair bit of baggage, a certain perception in some people's eyes - rightly or wrongly.

At least ARUK is perhaps acknowledging that some of the people buying the cars see themselves as 'active Alfa owners' and not just units going out of the showrooms?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
1 - 20 of 71 Posts