Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New one for me. Tried starting it this morning and the error 'Excessive Radiator Fluid Temperature' was shown and it told me to turn off the engine. This was then followed by the air pollution filter error being shown. Now she won't even tick over. AA are on their way so if will post an update later.

Oh, I was about to embark on a 440 mile round trip so just as well this kicked in whilst still on the driveway....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mine does this sometimes, but is "excessive radiator fluid amount"

Only happens when I don't leave glow plugs long enough to pre heat

Also get "ABS not available, consult handbook" error message from time to time...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.213843,-3.056637

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the AA diagnosed a flat battery but that's probably because I caned it trying to restart the car. He got it going again and I took it to Proalfa who plugged it in and diagnosed a glow plug error. All 5 to be replaced. I just hope I can start the car again tomorrow!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does this sometimes, but is "excessive radiator fluid amount"

Only happens when I don't leave glow plugs long enough to pre heat

Also get "ABS not available, consult handbook" error message from time to time...

---
I am here: Google Maps
Me too. Never any error codes found and the ABS works. Just one of those things!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well the AA diagnosed a flat battery but that's probably because I caned it trying to restart the car. He got it going again and I took it to Proalfa who plugged it in and diagnosed a glow plug error. All 5 to be replaced. I just hope I can start the car again tomorrow!
what happened ? any update ?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
It's been a while, looks like this thread is 8 years old now.

I had this when I had a voltage issue, so coupled with the other ABS/Hill Holder issue as mentioned by the other poster, it'll likely be a power issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's been a while, looks like this thread is 8 years old now.

I had this when I had a voltage issue, so coupled with the other ABS/Hill Holder issue as mentioned by the other poster, it'll likely be a power issue.
oh ok , same errors for me also , and they dissapear right after , from all posts i read on this forum and other forums it leads back to the battery..
did you changed the battery ? how did you fixed this ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh ok , same errors for me also , and they dissapear right after , from all posts i read on this forum and other forums it leads back to the battery..
did you changed the battery ? how did you fixed this ?
oh yes and sometimes when i press the start button everything goes dead.. like the key is removed from the socket

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I haven't resolved my issue, at least I don't think, my battery appears to be in good health, and it's only a year old.

I started a thread in the 159 lounge about loss of electrical power, which I updated yesterday - have a read and see if this matched your symptoms.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't resolved my issue, at least I don't think, my battery appears to be in good health, and it's only a year old.

I started a thread in the 159 lounge about loss of electrical power, which I updated yesterday - have a read and see if this matched your symptoms.
can you give me a specific link , i cant seem to find your thread..

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
just went back from the electritian, and at my case its the battery , it weak, but he says i should not worry about the errors and i dont need a new battery right away..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts