Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stunning looking and sounding GTA. Strong money but i'm sure someone will buy it.

But not me.

I'm going to buy an Accord Type R as there is clearly no better lardy front wheel drive saloon on sale from 1998 that could get close to the value for money at £3k. If I can't find one of these i'll but a V6 Mondeo - best engine ever!
nope, not the best engine ever

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
The reactions to both my ad and PistonHeads' 'Spotted' article are genuinely bizarre... Full of bile and misinformation.

It's sad and amusing in equal measure.

For what's it worth (no pun intended), those who should know at Alfa Aid put the value of my GTA at £15,500.

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
The reactions to both my ad and PistonHeads' 'Spotted' article is genuinely bizarre... Full of bile and misinformation.

It's sad and amusing in equal measure.

For what's it worth (no pun intended), those who should know at Alfa Aid put the value of my GTA at £15,500.
We had one up at £15k last year and it sold fairly quickly. It was a similarly low mileage but sorted car, although it was a Selespeed so some extra rarity kudos there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, today's a sad day: my GTA was collected and driven off by its new owner.

Thankfully, he's an enthusiast – and he'll cherish it, I'm sure.

I hope he enjoys it, and that you all had wonderful Christmas breaks.

This probably won't be the last time I lurk around on here...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Congratulations on the sale - but I'm sure it is a happy / sad feeling - interesting that it went fairly quickly and shows that there are people out there who appreciate a quality GTA that at face value feels like a lot of money but who know in the long run GTA's like this might come to market once a year and when they do, actually are the ones to go for and cherish. Let's hope the new owner appears on the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks, guys.

The PH response was a little extreme, but you're right: we're not the only ones to appreciate superior, sorted GTAs for the future classics they surely are.

It sold just shy of the asking price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I really think GTA's are undervalued in the marketplace and its good to see one being sold for strong money.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Congratulations on the sale. This is good news for everyone who likes GTA's and even better if you have one in the garage (mine is not for sale)........

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I really think GTA's are undervalued in the marketplace and its good to see one being sold for strong money.
I miss my white one badly. Shouldn't have sold it! I hope you're still enjoying it - bear me in mind when the time comes for you to move on :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Dan,

Still enjoying the GTA, although I have been thinking of selling due to lack of use. Other than the trip to Italy, I only did around 2000 miles last year. I will let you know if I decide to sell. I had her serviced by Martin at AFH1 last month who gave her a clean bill of health.

Trouble is when I do drive her, I don't want to sell!

Darren

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
Same with me - I've got a road GTA & track GTA and between the two of them they did less than 2,000 miles in 2015. It makes no sense for me to have one and yet I wouldn't want to be without.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts