Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only owning my GT Colverleaf for 10 days, due to the ever growing list of faults my dealer (mangoletsi) have agreed for me to have my old car back and my money back. From the start I have to say all the staff at Mangoletsi have been professional, courtious and friendly which has made it just dissapointing rather than stressful.
So a big thumbs up for Mangoletsi and a thumbs down for Portbury PDI centre and Alfa's current GT build quality.
I shan't be having a new Alfa next but will return , probably for a 149. and I will buy from the same dealer.

So not all roses but an amicable outcome.

Chris

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Really sorry to hear that chris...... :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15 items in all, some could have been easily rectified, others not. I was offered a new car but looking around at other GT's the fit and finish is so variable that I feared i would only be dissapointed again.
So some time next week i will go and collect my old GT and then start the hunt for something to replace it.I change cars evrey year/18mths so i will be ready for another about when the 149 comes out.
Mango's have helped retain me as a future Alfa customer purely by the level of service they have given throuout this.
Chris

·
Registered
682 Posts
Got mine from Mangoletsi - 10/10 for test drive location!!!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, list of defects below

1.front bumper/wing/bonnet alignment (bumper was replaced at collection as it was damaged)
2.new bumper scratched on underside
3.gear lever rattle in 3rd at 2500 rpm
4.rattle from O/S B pillar
5.Creaking from dash
6.lower windscreen moulding distorted and not fitted correctly
7.high level brake light distorted (lens fell out)
8.trim around top of tailgate cracked
9.Bad wind noise (thought it was both sides but seems worse on drivers side)
10.Tailgate rattles
11 Road noise excessive (even on smooth motorways it is excessive, much louder than the demo Q2 we drove)
12.Tailgate rubbing paint off of tailgate shut
13.rear bumper alignment with N/S/R wing
14.small dent on n/s 1/4 panel (from the inside, it's small but shows up on a black car)
15.gear change 1st to 2nd crunches when cold and occasionally baulks when trying to select reverse.

All fixable but not acceptable on a new car.

Looking forward to getting my old GT back now

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Pretty much puts my list to shame. :lol:

Pleased things have worked out so well, knew I should of gone that extra distance to mango's. :cry:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G5een, yes the distance i travel to mango's is worth it purely for the professional service they appeared to offer and that has turned out to be exactly the case, as I have said masively dissapointed with the cars build quality but extremely satisfied with the dealers response and when the 149 is launched i will be straight there.

chris

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mango's shouldn't have let the car go out. Simple as that. I wasn't that impressed with them when I witnessed a hand over there some time back. I picked up on the faults so why couldn't they:confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes Simon i pointed this out to them and they apologised profusely, offered to get me a replacement car or my money back but looking at the current GT build quality i wasn't prepared to try again.
My last Gt (soon to be mine again) was absolutely fine so it is all a little bit like a lottery as to how well your car is going to be built !
Dissapointing but I am happy with the result.
Chris

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wow, what a lemon! Mangoletsi have done well and as you say, they have secured you as a future customer but Squad also has a point...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
See post 7 Damien;)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Getting a little worried now, Sian is picking her Cloverleaf up from Mangos a week Saturday but I'll be away with work so won't be able to check it myself for a few weeks :cry:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Getting a little worried now, Sian is picking her Cloverleaf up from Mangos a week Saturday but I'll be away with work so won't be able to check it myself for a few weeks :cry:
I'd certainly want to be there:eek: Can't you delay delivery to fit in around you?

It's the second "duff" GT Cloverleaf on here:(

@ CT. Will your original GT have a change of ownership against it:confused:

I forgot to say fair play to them for sorting it out but what about some compo for all the hassle & unnecessary mileage travelled?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I might ring them up and ask. But I'm not sure if it's better to pick it up rather than it waiting around at the dealers picking up dents, scratches and who knows what else?

·
Registered
165 Posts
i wouldn't really blame Portbury all they are is an import centre.
ferry comes in vehicle gets parked. when sold a monkee comes along and puts it on a transporter to take to the dealer. at most they change the shunt fuse ( if your lucky ), and check the water.
i've known vehicles leaving there without even having an expansion tank fitted!!
glad you got it sorted though but you were in your right to have your money/car back in such a short space of time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wouldn't worry lots of gt's have been ok,Ihave just been unlucky.

Simon, I am not really worried about compensation as I feel I have been dealt with very fairly (and life is too short)
My old gt has not been registered to anyone else yet and I am already working on a deal on another car (non Alfa)
The aim of this post was to give credit to mangos for dealing with the matter so well, not to frighten others off. Alfa now have some good dealers but need to sort thier build quality.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts