Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Bit of a technical one this. Can anyone help with some instructions for the examiner system? Managed to get my hands on one and while some aspects are pretty straight forward i can't seem to get the flash disc to work when trying to recode control units. Currently on version 6.0 so which flash disc should i be using? Any help much apreciated.

Told you it was a technical one!

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Hi, Bit of a technical one this. Can anyone help with some instructions for the examiner system? Managed to get my hands on one and while some aspects are pretty straight forward i can't seem to get the flash disc to work when trying to recode control units. Currently on version 6.0 so which flash disc should i be using? Any help much apreciated.

Told you it was a technical one!
LUCKY YOU.....What little I know as I cant get one is verison 6 on you have to pay an annual sybscription or it ceases...Could be well wrong but not sure..
Is yours the old HP...An early examiner or the latest examiner.

These things seem to be more complex than the cars themselves.
I picked up acheap set of discs but not done anything as no one else seem to have got it going without the correct hardware.

Good luck with it.. Where did you get it? Where are you based?

I belive a new examiner sam full kit is around 7,000 euros,

My system is pre EOBD. So a lot of expense for a new one .
An old basic one would suit me.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Wboard..Also flashing computers is also frought with problems.

Unless you really know what you are doing or follow the instructions implicitly.

I recall puting freeserve on my old windows 95 pc.....Brother in law who is a " Computer whiuzz kid" said best thing since sliced bread..Got Disc Installed and knackered computer.Phoned him n explained....Oh That happenned to you too (Was not well pleased)What version of windows do you have....95 I told him No Version a b or whatever...How do I know I told him.Told him to get his backside over n get it sorted....So much for computer whizz kids.....He was at it for hours....No further forward...Checked PC manual Did full reset with discs....Chuntered away for 4 hours and came up as I got it from the factory.Put freserve on with same disc and installed no problem.....Computers AARGh..

Just like the old Donovan song....First I see a mountain then there is no muontain then there is.

As I said earlier good luck with it.

Pomeo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pomeo, I have the current (i think )touch screen system with the extra SAM system, which i haven't even looked at yet! Been looking for one for a while. Got it from a garage in Manchester who bought it when a local Fiat dealer closed. Unfortunatley chap knew it's worth and that Actia the manufacturer, seem to be less than helpfull when supplying outwith the dealer network.
A very good friend of mine is the general manager at a fiat dealer so i'm hoping he will help me out with updates etc. I'm right on the East coast , near Eyemouth. If you wan't a look pm me.

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Would love a look but stuck in the outskirts of Glasgow Maybe see you in the summer when im on holiday Thanks for the offer...As an ancient electrical engineer who studied OHMS LAW this new fangled stuff is a real experience for me.

Pomeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts