Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which examiner is used for calibration assuming that it doesnt have the latest upgrades?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
As long as it is late enough to cover your Selespeed (which it will be) it will be fine.

It doesn't have to be the very latest update.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As long as it is late enough to cover your Selespeed (which it will be) it will be fine.

It doesn't have to be the very latest update.

David C, one mechnaic says i should replace the clutch kit(including clutch relase bearing) which i have already done, though the kit wasnt new.The other mechanic who sold me the kit and doesnt have the car claims its because the examiner used is very old and that the calibrtaion isnt done properly.He also pointed out if the car is stuck in gear only when the engine gets to 90 then it has do with calibration.I have spent a fortune on the car and i dont know what to do.The car runs well only till it gets to 90

Any ideas???

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
What version of the Examiner is it?

I think the oldest I've used on mine is the Examiner Smart with v5.5 software.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I have 2 versions of examiner... if you want a copy ?
but I use Aladiag rather than examiner.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Garage

"Hi

We drove your vehicle yesterday,and everything seems fine. However, when the vehicle gets hot it doesn't change gears. The thrust bearing is noisy and we would like to replace the clutch kit. We still have our actuator in the vehicle and there are no faults on the selespeed system which makes certain that the problem is the clutch."

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
...one mechnaic says i should replace the clutch kit(including clutch relase bearing) which i have already done, though the kit wasnt new.

...The thrust bearing is noisy and we would like to replace the clutch kit.
I hope your 2nd hand clutch kit was VERY cheap...!
Why did you use a used kit?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the time it seemed like a good idea.It wasnt cheap.I have never used 2nd hand parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have agreed to have the clutch kit replaced with a new kit including thrust bearings.I believe things will work out well this time.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
the release bearing in a Selespeed is THE most crucial part, it is almost always under pressure (even in neutral !) so always use a
new one when fitting new clutch assembly !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts