Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I used to be a member of the AFOC Kent and East Sussex. I owed a silver 156 2L Tspark with full Zender body kit, which I ran for three years then sold it for a light blue 156 Gta - lovely car when it wasn't blowing its diff out of the gearbox!! Now I own a mkv Golf R32 which I cannot fault! Ok the interior is a little plain but the noise, handling and build quality make up for it. I also get to drive my dads 3.2 Brera when it needs a run.

I've joined the forum purely on the off chance myself and someone could benefit from a Gtv I have for sale. The car was bought in good faith, but after a trip to Mobitech (Canterbury) and a full check over I was told it would cost far more than the car is worth to make it road worthy!

So basically when the forum lets me i'll be advertising it as Spares or repair. It could be easily repairable to someone who maybe has several other Gtv's in similar condition and could do the work themselves. If I have no luck selling it as a whole I may be persuaded to strip it.

Here's some cheeky pics of the Tspark, Gta, R32 and the GTV in question!!

Cheers Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha ok here's the list!!!

Its a 51 reg 2L Tspark with 51k on the engine.

The Exhaust system from front to back is in need of replacing. Flexi pipe by the cat failed the inspection, the centre and rear sections have rusted in various places causing leakage of fumes and noise.

The rear suspension lower bushes have failed, top wishbone assemblies are warn beyond acceptable limits. Rear springs have corroded beyond an acceptable level.

The front suspension wishbone bushes badly worn. Front springs again corroded beyond an acceptable level.

Braking system, seized N/S/R caliper, return spring missing on handbrake lever, rear pads 95% worn, all disc are badly corroded, handbrake cable casings have cracks and corrosion, brake hoses all in bad condition will need replacing.

Cooling system, Radiator in very poor condition again corroded, leaking along bottom edge.

Windscreen washers not working and wipers need replacing.

Rear tyres worn unevenly due to worn bushes.

So you can see she's a bit of a mess!! If someone wants a project or wants to buy it and strip it themselves they are more then welcome. Second hand parts will obviously get the job done cheaper. The price Mobitech gave me was for all brand new parts hence why its not an economical repair.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Shame as she is such low mileage and a nice looker!
Was thinking the same......just goes to show that a higher mileage example owned by "an Alfa enthusiast" can be a better buy.......

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.
Congratulations on the R32, but even more so on that beautiful GTA.
Regarding the GTV, would be a shame to dismantle it. It's a lot of faults but an enthusiast or a diy'er can bring it back to life easily.
Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a lovely looking Gtv and it would be a shame to strip it apart! The Gta was a peach I loved that car, just got fed up with the bills every other month when something needed replacing. Starter motor, radiator, two gearboxes and difs thankfully paid for by Alfa!! Etc etc. The R32 wants for nothing and mpg is considerably better than the Gta.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as I said that price is for brand new fitted parts. A donor car with maybe bad body damage would be perfect, or just second hand parts would cut the price in half.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts