Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1993 1.8 TS has decided it doesn't want to play anymore, there is no spark and no fuel getting to the injectors. Can anyone help as I dont have a manual. Is it the ECU?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like a problem someone had a while ago....TDC sensor I think it was.

Manuals are available on ebay..........welcome to the forum, hope you stick around :D

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sur eif this would affect the spark but worth a try. Has the fuel cutout switch tripped. This is located under the passenger seat I think and is meant to cut the fuel supply in the event of an impact. To reset I think you just press the button on it.
Has one of the main fuses blown?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Start by checking fuses and fuel shut off and then as said above try a TDC sensor ..............when they break down it stops giving a signal to the ECU and that in turn stops the fuel and ignition being powered up :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you turn the key to MAR position in the ignition block, do you get power?

If so, do you get the red warning light that looks like a fuel injector (fuel injection system malfunction)?

Usually, the light is on when you turn the key to MAR and then disappears once the engine is running.

If the light does not appear, that means that you have an ECU problem; this is most likely to be a lack of power so you may want to give all fuses under the bonnet a bit of a clean with some electrical cleaner.

T.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate your efforts. Perhaps I'm being a bit stupid, but have checked all the fuses, including the ones under the bonnet, the main fuse box and the fuse box inside the dash. Nothing blown there. There doesn't appear to be a cut-off switch under the passenger seat, looked for ages. How do I test the TDC Sensor. Sorry, probably better to leave it to experts! :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
As I don't have an 8 valve I'm assuming that the only timing sensor is the one on the front pulley. So I've put some attachments that might help. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if your car is left hand drive the cut off switch might be under the drivers seat

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just like to thank everyone for their help. She's running now, it was just a relay in the engine compartment. Replaced it and hey presto! thanks again guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts