Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have replaced everything I can apart from the shocks on the front end of my GT. It is still squeaking every time I go over a speed bump. It is driving me bloody insane.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
turn the stereo up!
....oh hold on, you can't ....ipod not working ;)

new lower wishbones stopped my under-the-car mouse orgy.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All replaced! Upper, lower, track rod ends, drop links and power flex anti roll bar bushes!

And lol thats what I am doing at the moment!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi have you tried moving the small guards on the lower arm ball joints have know these to squeak. just a thought.

G

·
0 Posts
Upper top turret mounts / rubber shock bush bearing Part No: 60625002:thumbs:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Forum blocked a typo I think :) My car seems to squeek, groan and rattle with out fail every time a drive, always in different place :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upper top turret mounts / rubber shock bush bearing Part No: 60625002:thumbs:
Oh oh you sound like you have an idea!!!!! Can you take a picture of the part. Is it part of the damper, thats the only part that has not been replaced. Everything else has been done!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found it thanks for that Graham. I will grease her up and se what happens. If it stops the squeak I will buy new and replace.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Would love to know the outcome. I have the same problem. Soon, if I can't find the problem ill throw myself under my car and hope it hits me. :(

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
My wishbones are all gone at the moment, its the next job after the currant job to be dealt with, we all know that situation....... Anyway, the D/S top is very bad, constant loud creak and clonking at full lock. A day of heavy rain and its now silent, not a squeak out of it, in fact the the suspension feels perfect, no noises or crashes, its lovely to drive at the moment, it even rides better, infact it is riding beautifully. My thinking is that the water has swelled the bushes and lubricated them to a degree. I have read here that it is very important that the bushes are removed from new wishbones and properly lubricated when fitting, would you have lubricated yours when fitting ?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres the thing! I took it to a garage to get it done. I didn't have the time to do it. Plus when I did the wish bones on the 147 I had I nearly cried because the drive shaft cv boot came of as I jiggled to get the bottom wishbone out!!!! Not going through that again. Obviously when I questioned the garage they assured me it had been greased to the point of death! But you know what some garages are like? I would love to know myself lol.

Now everything is replaced I am going to get the wheels off and give everything a good old greasing. But my first port of call will be the top bushes. If I call joy with that I will let you know. If that fails you may find me by the side of the A1 just rocking or maybe thrashing the car with a branch like a demented Basil Fawlty!

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Craig... Yeah it sounds like the upper rubber mounts... Process of elimination and the fact that these would have been disturbed at some point due to removal of suspension parts is logical.

Get them to give them a liberal spray of silicon lubricant for now and an inspection... If that works , then you have your answer;)

Look on the bright side... everything has been replaced so no corroded bolts to worry about when greasing it all up ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I tried that and in my case it didn't work but then again I've read it works in many cases.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right a bit of an update! I had the wheels off her yesterday. Instead of just lubing up the top bushes I did the whole lot. I am now able to drive without the stereo on loud. The possessed mice have packed up and got off. The only bad part of it is the fact I can't actually pin point what it was that was squeking.

I am going to replace the upper bushes when I put her in for the service. Hopefully that should sort it out once and for all.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another update! I had the service done on friday, Cam belt etc. They are telling me that there is play in the new top wishbones I had put on!!!! Its only done about 500 miles since they were replaced. It just means the aftermarket wishbones were s**** and I should of gone for the more expensive better option (you get what you pay for). I am thinking of powerflexing the top wish bones. My thoughts are like this, if their is a lifetime gaurantee on the bushes they should interchange with the next wish bones I get, even if the ball joint goes you still get a good life out of the bushes.

I guess I now have to decide if I am going to do it or Ned at Autolusso does it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts