Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my story is i love my blue brera till the cows come home as the irish say.... but i'd also love it to be faster! :lol: i remember reading somewhere that someone possibly on this has a 230bhp 2.2jts that isnt supercharged? how much power can we really get from this engine , ive read everywhere its not a tuneable engine and there isnt much that can be done but still there must be something :lol: i mean how can a 2.2 petrol engine not make more than 180bhp?

I am aware its more expensive going the n/a route but i still want to be road legal. So does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
775 Posts
The stock GM L61 engine have 150 bhp average

And Alfa added 35 BHP, not bad? I would go for new cams and remap.

And lighten the car!

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Welcome to AO! :D

Air intake,exhaust mods and a remap should take you to ~190.

Otherwise get a V6 or 1750.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whilst its heavy, how do you lose the weight without being drastic and ripping out the interior, etc? Doesn't the weight come from the major mechanical components so not easily lost?...Fair point about the wheels but where do you go after that? Id love to shed the pounds on my 3.2 but concluded it would be easier for me to go on a diet then the car, lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
Whilst its heavy, how do you lose the weight without being drastic and ripping out the interior, etc? Doesn't the weight come from the major mechanical components so not easily lost?...Fair point about the wheels but where do you go after that? Id love to shed the pounds on my 3.2 but concluded it would be easier for me to go on a diet then the car, lol
Swap to manual if you have an auto..because the autobox weights about 110 KG

;)

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
there exist a conception to do. But counting together results and costs make no sence.
Just add on to. For example one of - no needs to carry daily a lifting hook for 22JTS which fit to single pound together with 2 strong bolts/2 nuts.
Learn & love own car - search for extra....

:cheese: :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
To be accepted critically.
Rear tail pipe may not weight 80, lbs each*2pcs. Too much
My practice shows that standards are
Central pipe 11,7 kgs, rear left 7,8 kgs, rear right 7,9 kgs = totally 27,4 kgs with 7 rubber mounts included.
Novitec StSt are
Central ( no CAT ) 9,4 kgs, left 7,2 kgs, right 7,3 kgs = totally 23,9 kgs also included clamps and PU mounts. Nett result is 3,5 kgs ( 8lbs only ) which is not much.
Just to be counted in OZ for bigger figures.:cheese:
Figures for 159*22JTS sedan.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Exactly...I dont think you'd notice anything less than 50-100kgs in the real world so not really worth the effort imo.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Or just get a 1750 TBi Ti Brera which was pretty much the
same weight as the 2.2 but with 200BHP and with the possibility
of remap gains....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for the replies. I didn't expect so many to help and do appreciate it. I'm lucky the car Is so beautiful because it helps over look the performance even though once I at gets going isn't the worst anyway. In the end I'm thinking the only thing I can do is new air filter, custom exhaust and some sort of remap :lol: might research it more anyway

·
Registered
195 Posts
Or just get a 1750 TBi Ti Brera which was pretty much the
same weight as the 2.2 but with 200BHP and with the possibility
of remap gains....

I have the 1750 TBi Brera, and came from a 2.2, the performance is so much better on the TBi, it's like a different car! :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts