Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
45,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTA is in having an MOT today. If everyone who sees this thread thinks good thoughts, I'm sure we can will her to pass with flying colours. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Nothing but good thought's, yeah it's going to pass...i can feel it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Good luck! Mine passed the other day ;)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
She'll do fine! :thumbs:

Fingers crossed for you, Mr Bear... :)

·
Administrator
45,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Passed with flying colours, not so much as an advisory :thumbs:

The mechanic did say that the undertray is a bit battered though. Reckoned if I caught it now, it could be repaired. Something about bonding it to some fibreglass matting. the company nbext door to him can do it, so I might look in to that.

C

·
0 Posts
My GTA is in having an MOT today. If everyone who sees this thread thinks good thoughts, I'm sure we can will her to pass with flying colours. :thumbs:
*imediately starts thinking bad thoughts, then realises its already past.

·
Administrator
45,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Chris :p

C

·
0 Posts
meh, I typed that, opened a beer and it went everywhere. Karma strikes again me thinks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine didn't pass yesterday and for the most bizzare reason. My Xenons are the incorrect colour. They are blue on start up and all headlamps have to be white (or yellow if originates in France !) Checked with two other test centres and they laughed as all Xenons are all blue at start up.

Original MOT centre won't listen, so taking it for retest to a different place on Sat.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Oh, Ye of Little Faith !!!!!.......:rolleyes::)

Easy Peasy 100%, Eh !!!!!.........:thumbs:

...........:cheese::cheese::cheese:........

C

·
0 Posts
Mine didn't pass yesterday and for the most bizzare reason. My Xenons are the incorrect colour. They are blue on start up and all headlamps have to be white (or yellow if originates in France !) Checked with two other test centres and they laughed as all Xenons are all blue at start up.

Original MOT centre won't listen, so taking it for retest to a different place on Sat.
That's the kind of thing that's **** me off. I know of a few MOT testers and barring the old guy and the mechanic/tester that I know personally they seem to think its their job to fail a 3 year old car, almost a badge of honour, they seem to take great pride n it like a chav chasing an elusive asbo. Bet if a pretty girl comes in with a 15 year old banger they'd pass a far more serious problem - the therory I working on being if they fail a new car, daddy takes it to the dealers, they fail an old car, nice innocent short of cash girl is ripe for being taken advantage of: "well I'll pass it but you need to service this.... "

1 - 20 of 23 Posts