Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Spider is in the garage today and I have a courtesy car - a Fiat Punto!

My son's description of it ....... 'like driving a water bed'!

I really look forward to having my Spider back and will NEVER complain about it again!

Alfa's are really special and I am very grateful to be priviledged to own one ......... :)

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
I do a couple of hire car stints per year and every now and then take out my mums rover 25 - makes you appreciate what you have every day! :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. When I had my bella serviced recently, I was given a Mitsubishi Colt as a loan car. What a little buzz box that was! While I was very grateful for the free use of a loan car it was nothing in comparison to the gratitude I felt in getting my wonderful Alfa back.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I had a Mitsubishi Colt as a loaner when my car went into the garage one day ... dreadful thing ... truely ghastly ... I could only assume the engineering team was held at gun point while designing the car, I couldn't find a single thing I liked about it

Bad day for the Spider to be in the garage Patricia ... it's lovely outside ... yet another night to drive home round the 25 with the roof down :cool:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Mitsubishi Colt as a loaner when my car went into the garage one day ... dreadful thing ... truely ghastly ... I could only assume the engineering team was held at gun point while designing the car, I couldn't find a single thing I liked about it

Bad day for the Spider to be in the garage Patricia ... it's lovely outside ... yet another night to drive home round the 25 with the roof down :cool:
She's back! :)
Such a shame to be without her today but the weekend looks promising! :thumbs:

I love my Spider! :thumbs: :)

U

·
0 Posts
I had a courtesy car - and it prompted me to trade in my 21 month old 159 1.9 JTDm and get a Fiat 500! Its brilliant and much more fun than the Alfa, at half the price. Yes I may have to lie down in a darkened room but at the moment I am still grinning.

......of course if you have an Alfa you get lots of opportunity to drive courtesy cars lol (I know thats not really true but can't miss a good feedline)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I sometimes get to drive the Wife's Ford Fiasco complete with dual controls, L plates and driving school topbox (she's an ADI). Pesonally if I had a chice I'd get rid of it for something more fun, like a bus pass :thumbs:

·
Registered
745 Posts
When the GT's off the road I get to drive the 928* :p
And vice versa!

Thus far I have been lucky...;)

*soon to be sold unfortunately

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
My every day car is a Fiat Cinquecento, and the Alfa for the weekend. Definitely two sides of the coin there. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
...it prompted me to trade in my 21 month old 159 1.9 JTDm and get a Fiat 500!
Now that's a fair trade off and I doubt many people would pull you up on it, at least you stayed Italian and avoided those pesky Germans! I'd love to have a go in or even own an Abarth 500 some day... I have a feeling the standard 500s would be too slow for my liking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Occasionally I find myself driving my mum's Primera, mostly when a decent sized boot is needed. To be fair it holds the road well, there is a decent chassis under there, but that's it's sole good point (huge boot aside). The steering rack is slow, the wheel big. The engine is soulless, the ecotec in my old Astra had more character, and a 1.8 is just too small to drag a car that size along. Then there is the interior, the horror :vomit:, the horror :vomit:

Still it makes me appreciate the Alfa, and it's probably good to reacquaint myself with clutch pedal now and again.

·
Vendor
46,242 Posts
Well I think Puntos are alright..

Our courtesy cars range from a N-reg Pug 406 diesel with about 200k on the clock to a 156 3.2 V6 with limited slip diff, Eibach/Koni suspension, Brembo brakes, loud exhaust & semi-slick track day tyres :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
saab 9-3 as my daily and my alfa for the weekend...as said before chalk and cheese,only thing goin for the saab is the comfy seats..;)

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Not when you have a 106 for the daily commute.......just took it over the Castlereagh Hills after 3 days asleep in our driveway.......God,I love Alfa Romeo !!

·
Vendor
46,242 Posts
Mate I didn't realise you were in the Fiesta van when you got the section 59.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts