Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at the traffic lights I could hear the two blokes in the truck next to me discussing my car. 'They are beautiful cars and just listen to it'. Followed by 'excuse me mate is your car a labour of love as I can tell'.

How many other car drivers have those conversations bar super car drivers. Not too many I would expect :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I get similar experiences a hell of a lot in both of these.....probably one a little more than the other but both are definitely very much appreciated by those that have any interest in cars atall.
Petrol stations are a favourite.....not atall unusual to be delayed when filling up by someone who wants to know if they're real or replicas lol :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Agreed.
I let me Mother use my GTA, whilst she was at a country house a little boy and his mother came up to her and said woooow, its an Alfa.
My Mum fired her up and gave her a few revs, the little boy about 5 was loving it. So my mother said if you want i can take you for a drive, he was really excited so the boy and his mother went for a drive in my GTA with my mum. The boys mum thanked my mother and said you have made his day, btw its a really nice car. My mother said its not mine, i have borrowed it off my son haha

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Agreed.
I let me Mother use my GTA, whilst she was at a country house a little boy and his mother came up to her and said woooow, its an Alfa.
My Mum fired her up and gave her a few revs, the little boy about 5 was loving it. So my mother said if you want i can take you for a drive, he was really excited so the boy and his mother went for a drive in my GTA with my mum. The boys mum thanked my mother and said you have made his day, btw its a really nice car. My mother said its not mine, i have borrowed it off my son haha
Great to share the joy and the love.

I gave my 2.5V6 Q-system to my mum. She's 75. Well it is an automatic!

I don't think I'd let her loose in the GTA though!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Agreed.
That's a lovely story :thumbup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These stories are making me think that I should not sell my GT....ever. It has just been cleaned and looks superb. Next week it is having a few scrapes and cracks sorted so it is ready to sell. Someone stop me please!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
These stories are making me think that I should not sell my GT....ever. It has just been cleaned and looks superb. Next week it is having a few scrapes and cracks sorted so it is ready to sell. Someone stop me please!!!
I think there's no real danger of you ever selling yours if you only want to sell it if everything works and looks as it should. It's an Alfa afterall... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha yeah that is very true. It stays then. See didn't take much convincing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pulled up in front of a corner shop in Billaricay in my burbling GT with Wizard exhaust. Three young lads on bmx bikes came over and asked, "Is it a Ferrari Mister ?"

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think there's no real danger of you ever selling yours if you only want to sell it if everything works and looks as it should. It's an Alfa afterall... :biglaugh:
I don't think he will sell it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spot on. It is staying and will be treated to a few of the smaller jobs soon i.e bodywork next week, performance air filter and new stereo. Long term a remap, suspension upgrades, wizard and red leather interior :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Spot on. It is staying and will be treated to a few of the smaller jobs soon i.e bodywork next week, performance air filter and new stereo. Long term a remap, suspension upgrades, wizard and red leather interior :)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!:beer:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Front bumper like new, damaged sill repaired. He will be doing the back bumper and all the little scratches elsewhere next time and also cleaning up the headlights and giving the interior a anti bacterial blast. The exterior will then be like new, can't wait. Anyone in Nottingham who needs some bodywork doing give me a shout for his details. He is a very nice fella and very good at his job :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts