12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And again :D :D :D

(I'm a bit bored :p )

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmm... Maserati more rare than Ferrari and Lambo? :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
There's one parked down the road as I write. Seen a few on the roads these past few days. More common than a SudSprint :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shocking results :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
I've driven my old department directors "newish" Maser twice. It gets insured by the company for business but only a couple of us have been "trusted" with it :)
Can't remember the model, but it's the newish kinda rounded shape one and it's light metallic blue..........yuck !!

Sounded nice. Just the right amount of noise from the zorst to let you know you have a bit of power under the bonnet. Felt very heavy though and I wouldn't throw it about like I do with the 155's I own.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
:D

A couple of years ago, Maserati UK were offering extended test drives to anyone aged over 25.... which obviously meant I couldn't go.... :cheese: :rolleyes: but other than that, I don't think I would have the cheek to ask.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
:D

A couple of years ago, Maserati UK were offering extended test drives to anyone aged over 25.... which obviously meant I couldn't go.... :cheese: :rolleyes: but other than that, I don't think I would have the cheek to ask.
:eek:
Not yet, but if my lottery ticket hits, I'd love to convince the wife to let me get a Quatroporte as the family car - then we could sind "My Maserati does 185.... I lost my license and now I don't drive..."

·
Registered
457 Posts
I owned a Maser Spyder for about 7 months 2 years ago. Blue with beige...fantastic looking, fantastic on the open road, not so fantastic around town or the car park...cambiocorsa gearbox a bit of a poor invention :rolleyes:

However, still very :cool:

W

·
0 Posts
Fraser said:
no but desperately want to drive one and own one :D
Me too.....REALLY badly!

Trouble is I'd have to sell all the Alfa's to afford the running costs I suspect, buying one is the easy bit! :(

wrinx

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Me and a friend together fixed up a 1985 Biturbo a few years back.
Great car to drive, except in the wet.(Gets very tail-happy when pushed hard)
M3 eater..............and you could drive it quite civilized as well as long as you kept the revs under 4K. Over that , the Turbos kicked in and it became quite an animal.
We sold it with quite a good profit for our efforts, and I still see it around sometimes

·
Registered
254 Posts
virage1 said:
That would be Meridien Modena, just west of Southampton ;)
They are in Lyndhurst.
A really decent garage / dealer if only alfa dealers were as friendly!
Looked at a Spyder in their a few years back (biturbo shape)
Couldn't really afford it though at the time - took a year to sell.

Went to see a merak (to buy) at a garage in Sussex.
Was well over priced for what it was (£15000) they couldnt even get it to run - I got it to start and a few things told them if they put a fair price on it i'd have it they refused (went at auction for (£4000 which I would have given them more)

Dealer tried to tell me he was a expert on Italian cars and I knew nothing - then told me how the Espada was very similar to the merak!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts