Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Things aren't really going to change very much. This is mostly happening in most regions. All we are doing to making it a universal happening.

Alfaowner.com is indeed a unique operation, as CrazyCarb alluded to; we are a forum that likes to meet up off forum, not just in the UK but all over the world! Take a look in the regional lounges and see how many meets are being organised by Reps and by ordinary members. It's an amazing achievement to have that level of club feeling for what is essentially a website! That's why it is so important to so many of us and why we feel the need to nurture it :)

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What happens if the Reps don't think its a good event? Is there a right of appeal? Or is this another power trip for staff members?
How harsh :lol: Another power trip? If you have had a problem with anything like this, please do contact us - we need to hear of anything that isn't how it should be. Use the report button or the contact us link :thumbs:

I don't think that many events are not approved (I don't know of any at the moment) and if they weren't there should be a very good reason for that. As Gaz and Happy Man said, any that aren't organised by the Rep or aren't being attended by AO as an AO attended event will still be in the lounge for everyone to see, but just won't be stickied to the top. Generally this happens anyway, but we are just tidying up a bit and ensuring consistency across the regions.

·
Administrator
45,153 Posts
No, I haven't. A forum to me, is a forum and not a club. I am a member of a local club, pay a subscription and we meet up and go to various events & shows etc.
Right - well the people who organise those meetings? They're reps. Just like our reps. That's what a rep is.

If it really is blowing your mind that something called a 'forum' has meetings, when your world view states that only clubs are allowed to have meetings, then feel free to call AO a club, if only to stop yourself getting a headache.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
This would be fine if they all had active reps.

For example, who is the rep for South Central meant to be these days? Marko has gone, AFAIK.

C

·
0 Posts
Right - well the people who organise those meetings? They're reps. Just like our reps. That's what a rep is.

If it really is blowing your mind that something called a 'forum' has meetings, when your world view states that only clubs are allowed to have meetings, then feel free to call AO a club, if only to stop yourself getting a headache.
:lol::lol::lol:
Pass the neurofen please.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

For example, who is the rep for South Central meant to be these days? Marko has gone, AFAIK.
I agree that this is something that needs to be addressed :thumbs: However most areas have very hard working Reps :)

C

·
0 Posts
Rightly or wrongly, if you insist on this reps lark, that you would be better splitting areas into smaller portions, which makes managing an area so much easier and fingers on the local buttons.

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for your input :thumbs: I think that the Reps do a brilliant job, organise some fabulous meets and events and very much have a finger on the local pulse :D

However, this thread is not the place to discuss this; this thread is to inform the membership of a change in event posting in Regional Lounges.

If you have a suggestion, please contact us or post it in this lounge Ask a question about the site - Alfa Romeo Forum :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

This is actually a very good point!!

I've been banging on for years now that Essex does not have a rep, so what do the mods do? Get another rep for down in Kent and to date, we've had 1 meet since!! Now I ain't bashing the Southest Reps at all as they are a good bunch but **** all is happening down in Essex!! Not good enough!! :(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.