Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening All,

Never thought i'd be driving an Alfa let alone be joining an Alfa forum! just bought a 2002 147 - and very impressed!

Would like to clean up the interior so hoping someone will point me in the right direction for where to purchase said bits?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
With a title like that, not able to purloin something from the Sqn. stores? Halfords, full range of valeting kit, cheap to. Roger D.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - New to this!!
To start with the Gearknob is well worn down and looks very shoddy ,and would like to find the best product/valet for bringing the leather back to something better than what i see just now.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Believe it or not, used a leather cleaning agent, food, on ours that came from Kleenezee or Betawear, or somewhere. Contained old fashioned saddle soap I believe. Back to the cavalry again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm! - Not sure if i have the balls to try such a product -may invest in a decent Valet.
Do you have any suggestions where to get a replacement Gearknob with or without the gator?
By the way couldn't think of another email id - so came up with my fathers helicoptor squadron in the navy! - which also happens to be the same one Prince charles served in!!!!

Alex

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Great stuff 845, best friend of my wife's, her brother, did his RN Trg.with the Prince of Wales. Passing out photograph of the whole intake. Small world Eh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then he will definetly know my father - My father taught prince charles to Fly the wessex , they were then posted together out in Canada!
You must let me know the gentlemans name and i'll of course revert!

Alex

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I think he definitely would indeed. Father-in Law served in Canada with the Ansons' anti submarine, South America was it? Anyway, interesting discussion, hope you get info on the gear knob. Night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks,
Didn't realise this was so multi cultural - How come you are in Tokyo - Work or pleasure or both?
Alex

W

·
0 Posts
He likes wearing mansize nappies and it's legal over there.....welcome to AO ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello 845Squadron

Good lads the Rn Chopper boys. Had the pleasure of serving with them when they visited my unit. They were 844. Good times.

Now back to the post subject. Any good leather cleaner and then polish will do. Autoglym/Meguiars to name but two. However for my money saddle soap as per Zulu's post.

Oh and welcome to AO

Nick (sometimes called Biggles)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts