Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Even nice people can be a bit nasty

849 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  AlfaLincs 
#1 · (Edited)
Just back of our hols and had to stay in pretty well all day for a "home visit" by two very nice lady teachers from JimJr's new primary school which he starts in September. They were 35 minutes late. Normally I'd be mildly irritated but I'm using a day of my holidays for this. We'd been to a school open day for new parents two weeks ago and were instructed to be "on time" at 5pm or the doors will be shut to late-comers (respecting the other parents and teachers' time etc). So I felt it wasn't quite professional or respectful to us today being so late.

Ostensibly this home visit is to get to ask questions about his abilities and tastes and for new starters to feel at ease with them once they start school. All very laudable, I'm sure, although I have a suspicion it is to ensure the child does live in the parish as it is an Ofsted "outstanding" rated school and we're told it is usually oversubscribed. Call me a cynic.

Anyway, the main point. After lots of earnest chat and gentle reminders about things we must pay for (such as milk etc) we wrapped up. They seemed like very nice people. Quite attractive even. As we waved them off down the drive the more senior teacher (late 30's, maybe early 40's) accidentally allowed her armful of plastic folders to slip loudly onto the rear 3/4 panel of my Ti. Not only was it loud, I saw her clearly bend and fail to stop them hitting my bella.

Did she turn and apologise?

No.

She muttered something to her younger colleague, heads and shoulders ducked presumably in guilt, they scuttled off to their car across the road.:tut:

Out of politeness I waited until they'd driven off before checking and sure enough there were several scuffs 6-8" high in an arc across the panel above the wheel arch. :mad:

Fortunately I was able to polish them out but I was quietly fuming all afternoon so sorry for using the rant room for exorcising my annoyance!

I feel better for it now. Thank you!;)

See less See more
G
#6 ·
I think embarassment kicks in at that point and you just want to disappear.

As for the visit, establishing where you live is part of it. People lie their arses off to get their kids into schools and claiming Grandma's house is yours is just one tactic.

#11 ·
Nice people being nasty? Or nasty people with a nice façade?

#13 ·
Possibly but I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt....

Perhaps they were from Merseyside and were a little put out by Jim Jr's 'Durty Scousers' remarks.

Of course they may have done it on purpose for you to say 'You've scratched my car', they would then respond with 'Oh sorry I'll polish it out for you', off come the M&S cotton undergarments and the polishing can begin.
Then they'll ask you if 'anything else has come up' and 'do you want that polishing too'
It happens I can tell you!!
I saw it in a documentary that WSCWunda let me watch!
Both definitely Mancunian. Far too attractive and well spoken to have come from Scouseland.:lol:

Scott, the rest of your post suggests you are in far more urgent need of "help" than I originally thought...and it is such bad form to blame Wayne.;)

#12 ·
Perhaps they were from Merseyside and were a little put out by Jim Jr's 'Durty Scousers' remarks.

Of course they may have done it on purpose for you to say 'You've scratched my car', they would then respond with 'Oh sorry I'll polish it out for you', off come the M&S cotton undergarments and the polishing can begin.
Then they'll ask you if 'anything else has come up' and 'do you want that polishing too'
It happens I can tell you!!
I saw it in a documentary that WSCWunda let me watch!

G
#18 ·
I've been on the grovelling apology end of the stick this week. One of our younger engineers serviced a gas fire last week and dropped the fire onto the fire facia panel by accident, putting two large dents in it and bending it.......Did he come clean with the householder?..nope..he tried to pretend it was already like that.................

Major bollocking for him, and me sent round to rectify the misdemeanour and order a new front panel, and apologise profusely. They were gracious enough to thank me for sorting it out for them.

Some people are daft b*****s at times.

AlfaLincs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.