Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a quick story to keep everyone informed.

I tried to buy some new coilovers for my GT through europerformance dot co dot uk.
They have very good reviews (on their own website)

I paid them the money, got the email order confirmation and waited...

No components arrived.

After 2 weeks I called them and they said they had not received a tracking number from their suppliers. I called again pretty much every other day for 2 more weeks, every time was told there was no tracking number.

After about a month I got very suspicious and checked Trustpilot, which showed them to have a lot of negative reviews.
I called and cancelled the order and got a full refund within 3 days.

That all seems ok. Except I've just been learning about various scams that involve using sites such as this to harvest credit/debit card details which are then used for other shady scams later on. For that reason I am now cancelling that card and getting a new one.

I do not have any proof that they are a scam, but even if they're not, the service was still ****.

So don't buy from them!

Hope that helps a few people in the future!

(Although now I can't find a decent suspension lowering kit anywhere!... Except ebay :S)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd recommend you look into CIFAS as well and register with a free credit check agency, there is a lot advertised right now, just to check and see if there have been any searches in the last 30 days as well. Dont use Experian, 30 day free trial then they charge you £10 a month.

It wasn't just your debit card that would be compromised. Name, address, contact phone, email etc.

These details may be sold onto marketing firms, though GDPR has helped, it hasn't stopped the issue of unsolicited marketing but also, your details can be used to target you for identity fraud/theft.

The latter is a worst case scenario but preventing the worst case is always worth doing bud.

If you were required to register on their site before buying I'd also recommend changing passwords as well because, let's face it we all use the same password everywhere and this could compromise further details as most places use your email as a username and some security is very generic/basic.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Wait a minute. You got your money back. Now you’re making liable comments about them online without proof, all because you read negative comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Wait a minute. You got your money back. Now you’re making liable comments about them online without proof, all because you read negative comments.

Wait a minute. They took his money and sent him nothing for a month. He's entitled 100% to his money back. You make it sound like they were doing him a favour. A month. They didn't phone him, he had to do all the contacting. And the word is libelous, not liable. Different thing completely. Its crap service, bordering on fraudulent, don't try and pretend please that its somehow ok. Its a simple concept, based completely on trust. We pay up front, they promise to deliver what and when the contract says we paid for. They breached that trust. They have earned the right to be named and shamed. I'm sick of folk who defend this rubbish, and make out that the poor company is somehow the wronged one. Wait until it happens to you, but don't bother looking for sympathy here.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I bought some Ferodo DS Performance pads for my TS Spider from them. No problems. Swiftly sent and at a good price. Even rang me up to check the fitment to the car, because their system says it'll fit s GTV of the same year, but not the Spider, despite them having the same braking system for the year. I'm sorry you had a rotten experience with them, but mine was a positive.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts

Wait a minute. Do you know you are talking complete rubbish?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts