Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Re: Europian Storms!

i keep finding broken roof tiles in my back garden, luckily nothing hit the cars on the drive:eek: there's loads of trees down & broken fences etc up here as well

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts

I had no damage and I had a day off from work. 30 of my colleagues had to sleep over at work as there was no way to get them home. Public transportation was shut down and a lot of roads were closed because of blown over trucks blocked roads. 7 people died in The Netherlands because of the storms.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts

I'm originally from Wales. Nothing but a shower & a mild breeze as far as I'm concerned :)

·
Registered
607 Posts

For once Scotland missed out, well the southern bit. Further up the Forth Road Bridge was shut to all traffic, not just high sided for a few hours.

Not as bad as the ice storm that paralysed this area for a week in 2002, and we had a similar storm before that where Luton vans just fell over sat at the traffic lights.Mind you, what hit England was v Nasty.

Korky had to go out back then (was late 90's i think) and get the drivers in the company Astra (couple of months old). When he got back it was a write off!!!!!

Granted it had had 2 trees hit it (not it hit the trees) and been struck by a HT power line. :wow:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts

Squadrone Rosso said:
I'm originally from Wales. Nothing but a shower & a mild breeze as far as I'm concerned :)

haha i know what you mean, i grew up on the north west wales coast where you get proper wind all year round and the trees, roofs etc are made of sterner stuff than inland:D that's why people have dry stone walls there instead of fences:cool:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Look on the positive side, continous stong winds=FREE energy? OK, guess we would have to live in concrete bunkers, but then with Battle Groups off to the Gulf, maybe a reasonable idea? Repent OR DIG!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts