Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an exact response.

Question:
I am keen to import a V6 (3.0 I assume will be easier to acquire) GTV from the UK to New Zealand. NZ requires that the vehicle comply with the Euro 4 emissions standard. Does this particular model and engine size meet this particular standard...or any of the GTV models??

Appreciate any direction.

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I think the only Euro 4 engine in the GTV is the JTS in the Phase 3 model. The only V6 that meets Euro 4 is the GM derived version which I dont think was ever available in a GTV.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Doesn't the 3.2 in the P3 meet euro4?
Yes, or no, according to wikipedia

Alfa Romeo V6 engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The V6 production ended in 2005 at Alfa Romeo Arese Plant;[13] a stock of five thousand was built, to be used in Lancia Thesis, Alfa 166 and Alfa GT models.[14] The engine was replaced in the 159 and Brera by a new 3.2 L V6 unit combining a General Motors-designed engine block with Alfa Romeo cylinder heads and induction. .... The last version of 3.2 L engine was Euro4 compliant, so it would have been possible to produce it a couple of years more.[16]

Can be taken either way?

Alfa Romeo 166 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lists the 3.2 in the 166 as Euro 4

Alfa Romeo GTV & Spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lists the 3.2 in the GTV as Euro 3

:rolleyes:

Uh, also 147 GTA is Euro 4 and 156 GTA is Euro 3 with the same engine? :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Could be interesting as I live in one of the 30 odd towns mentioned the other day in the papers. And I mean 'in' so presumably I'd have to pay to leave lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts