Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a few minor scratches on my etna black mito, nothing serious, look like a couple of handbags in car park kinda scratches.
Anyone got any good tips to remove them on etna black? I've got some T-cut kicking about that worked great on my previous silver car but I'm a bit worried using it on my mito!
Anyone used it before on theirs with any success?
Thanks!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Generally speaking, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, you will need to add some paint. If I was going to try some hand polishing then the Meguiars Ultimate Compound (Halfords etc) would be worth considering

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've ordered some of that poorboys black hole, gonna try that and see if that hides them. Yea I can't feel them with my fingers. Will try polishing them out then.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Generally speaking, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, you will need to add some paint. If I was going to try some hand polishing then the Meguiars Ultimate Compound (Halfords etc) would be worth considering
Depends on the depth of lacquer and paint. Adding paint is an absolute last resort.
Most scratches of this type polish out easily.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Try meguires scratchx 2.0, worked ok on my Stromboli grey and try a colour polish
I am all for using the least abrasive product and lightest amount of pressure first but I cant see this product working. Its the weak link in the Meg range for me.
T cut is the other end of the spectrum, too harsh.

I have a product in the garage that I have used in the past which was a lot better than both and sits in the middle with regard abrasion.
I will dig it out as I cant remember the name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts