1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J

·
0 Posts
i would have said it should be no more that 8 hours, at the same time i would recommend changing the clutch

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch was done last July already, and feels in good nick still, although the rough feel on the gearbox can be felt a bit, don't see how a clutch only 9 months old would need doing.

How about for gearbox alone, or is it negligable? 8 hours seems a little high to me.

J

·
0 Posts
Clutch was done last July already, and feels in good nick still, although the rough feel on the gearbox can be felt a bit, don't see how a clutch only 9 months old would need doing.

How about for gearbox alone, or is it negligable? 8 hours seems a little high to me.
8 hours = 1 working day to change a gearbox is about right

Remember whilst having a ramp does make it easy you still have to remove quite a large item from an engine bay that is not the largest in the world

J

·
0 Posts
just checked Autodata.....5.5 hours to strip out and replace with a new one if everything goes to plan....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it should only take 5-6 hours in workshop 8 in garage without a ramp ididnt see original post whats up with box
4th wont select, 3rd is stiff as hell.. The feel of the box is pretty bad. I have my doubts about doing the temporary fix (i.e swarf removal) as I had that done a year and a half ago and there is no guarantee it will last if I go down the route again, so I'm leaning toward installing a new box and getting the selector shaft machined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts