Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was doing some donuts in my Mito and i forgot it in normal, and i got an ESP error then the engine stoped and the check engine showed up. The car wouldnt start and i let it sit for about 5 minutes then I tried starting it and it wouldnt start until i had the gas pedal down. The car now starts ,the ESP error dissapeared but the check engine light is still on. What problem could it be ?
My Mito is a 2010 1.4 multiair 105hp

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
ESP has thrown a warning as a result of what you were doing to the car. Engine light on can be for any number of reasons and only once you have the codes will you have a starting point for determining the cause. I suggest trying these manoeuvres in a Dacia instead and preserve your Mito for more normal ones.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ESP has thrown a warning as a result of what you were doing to the car. Engine light on can be for any number of reasons and only once you have the codes will you have a starting point for determining the cause. I suggest trying these manoeuvres in a Dacia instead and preserve your Mito for more normal ones.
The check engine light is gone, that was the first time i tried something like that and surrely the last

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
To do proper do-nuts you really need a rwd car ...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or a Corsa and a couple of McDonald trays,the fourteen year old school girl is optional

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the info, just found out I’m a moron for doing donuts in a fwd, really havent any clue untill now and I didnt do it before to see what happens, so thank even thogh some of you were unnecessary rude

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To do proper do-nuts you really need a rwd car ...
Thank you for letting me know, I’ve had my driver license for 2 years and previously I had an fwd Audi and never did anything crazy in it, but when I got the Mito I really started getting into cars

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Get one of these to do do'nuts! :) Narrow, hard Michelin rubber ... can't wait for them to wear out though ... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get one of these to do do'nuts! :) Narrow, hard Michelin rubber ... can't wait for them to wear out though ... ;)

Really nice car you got there man, thank you for being nice, im not really a fan of donuts, it was a one time thing i wanted to try, but thank you for your sugestion, good luck and have fun in your car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts