Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Was changing the sidelights to the LED type, and the bulb fell out of the holder and into the headlight itself....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I've done exactly the same! It's been there for a week till I work out how to get it out. Luckily I got 2 spare so just put another in.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done exactly the same! It's been there for a week till I work out how to get it out. Luckily I got 2 spare so just put another in.
Any ideas yet on how to get it out?

All i can think of taking the headlight unit off the car and then devising some clever magnetic fishing hook mechanism :lol:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Did a very similar thing in my 159 a few years ago.

Dead easy way out, longish piece of cane/stick, piece of nice warm blue tack on the end. Poke into the hole where the side light goes, push down hard on the loose bulb, CAREFULLY pull it out.

Took me 2/3 attempts, worked a treat!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Taking the headlight out means taking the front bumper off!! Thats why I used the stick and blue tack method. Give it a go, nothing to loose.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
If the stick & Blu-Tack worked, give that a try.

A lot easier than removing the headlight!

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I'm going to try the stick method through the indicator bulb hole tomorrow . I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I kept the same stick and tack, ended up using it to fish a bolt from the bowels of the boot after I had changed a rear light cluster! A very useful bit of Alfa tool kit. :lol:

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I kept the same stick and tack, ended up using it to fish a bolt from the bowels of the boot after I had changed a rear light cluster! A very useful bit of Alfa tool kit. :lol:
Yes! I've got one all ready made up to fish bits out of the undertray that I drop :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Had the same problem myself. Happened about 4 times. Hopeless.

Solution was to create a little hook using a coathanger and bend it in such a way it it can pass to the back of the light and into the assembly. With practice you can swoop it in and scoop it out!

Frustrating as anything though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you put the sidelights back in btw, are the plastic clips that you pull to get the light out supposed to be at a slight angle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi im using same leds and they fell in side i took out indicator bulb and used small pipe and hoover led bulbs very loose in housing i used small peace of tape to hold them in leds look very bright when on

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had to do the very same this morning - a kebab skewer and some sticky tape in a ball at the end did it for me. Trickiest part was removing the indicator bulb - there really is no room in the rhs of the 2.2 engine bay for chunky man-mits. Oh, and the patience part was hard too!

Alas, the tricksy led bulb has now fallen somewhere else in the light unit beyond reach - at least it's not rattling around in the reflector anymore!

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Got mine out :D

Used a thin wire with a loop and after about 10 tries did it. Although it is now lost somewhere behind the lens but a least it cant be seen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts