Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my Alfa with error glow plug at startup..
I've changed all four glow plugs, changed battery, glow plug relay...still getting error...
Can someone helo me with this..I don't know what to do anymore..?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
As you changed all the parts check for 12v out of relay and to the glow plugs when switching ignition on.
Also might be worth an extra earth from battery to engine.
Have you cleared the faults since changing the parts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've changed the relay 50A and error was deleted one day...tommorow error comes out again..i don't know what to check next?
All glow plugs are alright, but error still comes out..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Remove the gowplugs and reconnect the electrical connector.

Rest a baking tray on the engine and put the glowplugs on the tray. Make sure you have a good earth to the baking tray (maybe a jump lead) and turn the ignition on for about 5 seconds. Turn the ignition off and check the tips of the glowplugs, see which, if any, don't get hot.

Careful touching the plugs, they get bl00dy hot.

Good luck

Pub

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the gowplugs and reconnect the electrical connector.

Rest a baking tray on the engine and put the glowplugs on the tray. Make sure you have a good earth to the baking tray (maybe a jump lead) and turn the ignition on for about 5 seconds. Turn the ignition off and check the tips of the glowplugs, see which, if any, don't get hot.

Careful touching the plugs, they get bl00dy hot.

Good luck

Pub
Thanks, but I already tested them, they work perfectly...I bought them new few months ago...

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I've changed the relay 50A and error was deleted one day...tommorow error comes out again..i don't know what to check ne
You need to check you actually have power out of the relay to plugs before going any further. Put a meter on the wiring and turn ignition on to make sure you got 12v going to them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to check you actually have power out of the relay to plugs before going any further. Put a meter on the wiring and turn ignition on to make sure you got 12v going to them.
I found out the problem...it was bad wiring...i checked glow plugs from relay with multimeter one didn't get any power. When i shaked the connector of glow plug the error dissapeared.

Thanks everyone for your solutions :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts