Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to work yesterday and decided to stop at the post office on the way it was a very short journey maybe 4-5 mins tops car started from cold no problem (2.4 jtdm) but when i got back to the car it didn't want to start but eventually did .... a warning flashed up abs unavailable but went fine no problems at all, i've plugged in the fiatecu scan software and i now have error code po335 crack shaft sensor light on position 1 ... nothing else and the abs warning hasn't come back ...... should i clear the warning and see if it comes back or take it to the garage ?? any advice would be great please. There are no warnings on the dash or anything at all on start up now ...... Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If the ABS warning doesn't come back then I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it comes on if your brakes stick on overnight.

If you do have a crankshaft sensor fault, then the sensor itself is cheap to replace, although there is a bit of work to fit it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I sometimes get abs warning when i start up in a morning but it disappears and no errors logged. Just assumed it was a sensor having a wobble.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick replies, so ignore the ABS warning and i'm thinking maybe reset the logged problem and see if it comes back ??? i was reading that the crack sensor warning might go away after x amount of successful starts or an engine warning light comes on if it keeps doing the same thing does this sound right ????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts