Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i need help!!

i have a 156 1.9 TI diesel. ive just come off the M5 and noticed from about 45mph and accelerating up a steep or even a shallow incline, i found the following:
smoke coming out of the exhaust (only when accelerating)
a sound from behind the dash like the heater is on FULL (again only accelerating)
the car gently stutters - like ive got my foot quickley on and off the gas

other than that the car drives a dream.

could the problem be the turbo overboosting or a general turbo issue? or could it be a fuel pump issue? or maybe an air filter problem?

any ideas?

thanks
abm

·
Registered
41 Posts
top or bottom turbo hose .....my jtd was the same . top hose had split sounded like heater was on full blast. top and bottom hoses now silicone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, forgot to mention, i had the turbo replaced about 4 weeks ago. is the hose/pipe part of that replacement?

cheers
abm

·
Registered
41 Posts
not usually,my top hose was £85 , bottom hose will be slightly cheaper. top hose runs along top of engine right hand side. easy to get at and change. bottom hose underneath car . the silicone replacements are dearer but better as they dont expand like the OE hoses plus they last alot longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a word of thanks to P47 & davealfa11 - spot on, i had a split lower hose (covered in oil!).

simonstone in Bristol replaced it today - im now back on the road again!!

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts