Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Sportswagon 2.0 156, year 2000.

The aircon seems to work fine, but the heating system seems to be a bit erratic - ie...if I drive hard what should be luke warm air suddenly blows hot. Then at other times its fine. Seems strange

Any thoughts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi,

I seem to get the same with my 156 2.0l 1999. Set it to what should be warm and get sudden blasts of hot air. Afraid I don't have any answers as to why.

Andy

L

·
0 Posts
ive got the same thing with my heating system. dont know if its to do with the thermostat opening and closing, but the temp gauge doesnt move. No other idea really. :confused:

Andy

R

·
0 Posts
It is a climate control system in the 156 so it's supposed to control the temp of the air according to the temp in the car, ie. if the car is cool it will blow out hot air, and if the car is warm it will blow out cool air to try and keep the temp in the car at the level it's been set to.

Don't know if this is your problem but sounds possible

·
Registered
232 Posts
Maybe you guys can re-charge/re-gas your air conditioning system. Kwik Fit does it for £25 and I'm going there tommorrow to get it done in my 147 which has thesame problem. I was told last year to do this but just couldn't be bothered but now I found out I might be wasting fuel using my air conditioning system now.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
slikt147 said:
Maybe you guys can re-charge/re-gas your air conditioning system. Kwik Fit does it for £25 and I'm going there tommorrow to get it done in my 147 which has thesame problem. I was told last year to do this but just couldn't be bothered but now I found out I might be wasting fuel using my air conditioning system now.
Hi Slikt147,

please let us know how you get on. I'd be interested to know if the re-gas makes a difference to this. I don't generally run with the air con on as it needs a re-gas and seems a waste to have it when it doesn't really do anything.

I had a faulty thermostat and replaced it with a new one. Behaviour of the temp gauge has been perfect since but I noticed this erratic hot air blasts since which I am sure didn't use to happen.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts