Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my 2.0 ts 156 fail mot on emissions on the second idle test.

the car has the engine malfunction light on and idles eratically engine also normally stalls when the revs drop down to idle such as when pulling up to a junction, unfortunately garage cant plug into the diagnostic tools til Monday.

Has anyone had any experience of this and any ideas as what it most likely will be so I can guesstimate the likely price.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am experiancing the same issue with mine, same model. Ihave reset the ecu and throttle with no change, did you sort yours?

·
Registered
171 Posts
try cleaning the maf (carefully and with the correct stuff) might just be a bit sticky

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks I live in New Zealand, a MAF sensor down here is unbelievably expensive, I would really appreciate finding our how you get on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi.having the same problem with my 2.0 156. regularly cuts out when pulling up to junctions and when ticking over seems like it wants to cut out then aswell (dropping below 1000rpm). Do you reckon that a new MAF would correct this problem. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
already had a quick check at that, went in for mot failed then passed. had new oil temp sensor. but diagnostics are coming up with two unknown codes. I thought it might have been lambda sensor but having read other peoples posts i am now unsure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts