Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know there are numerous company's to buy them from......
But what is the fun of that! I thought just make them myself...
Sound is awesome like a mini Ferrari or like a straight six with a little rasp after 4000 revs and up!:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
id is 50 mm going into 63,5mm all stainless T304
Ride height is stil OK being the lowest part is between the wheels and flat with the gusset plates (correct word?)
So no issue with speedbumps as long as going straight over them!
Remap is in the work so we will see........

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Cool, did u look at the design of others before u chose ur route ? Would it not of been better to keep them closer together that one pipe looks at odd awkward angle.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked a little bit at the argray pipes, in my opinium they cant be equal lenght mine are! thats why maybe it looks a little different but the flow is there....

·
Registered
158 Posts
A lot of work involved in this, im not convinced el pipe makes any difference at least for the road but a very good effort for sure.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will make a sound clip/video of it! Production wise dont know yet I'm gonna make another one so maby its wise to make a jig.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks very good, I've been looking at something similar for my car, my front pipes are on their way out so this may be the push I need. Does your engine undertray still fit ok?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a nice upgrade for sure! I dont have a undertray on the car, but I suppose that it will still fit ok

·
Registered
820 Posts
That's an amazing sound, i'm jealous :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Y-pipe you did not quite work out, bad angles of descent pipes, ruined a lot here, honestly I would have improved again. Below I show some pictures of my work;] The whole of the tube diameter of 54mm, and 2.5 after Y-pipe.I throw the video with sound, of my 156 3.0 on the exhaust from the 156 GTA and equal length pipes.

By grzesiekv6 at 2011-12-12

Sound of my 156 3.0 V6 with equal length front pipes and GTA exhaust => DSCN9474 - YouTube

·
Registered
100 Posts
heey tim helaas geen gta voor mij, moet het doen met een 1.8 h&s evo
maar geluid van de v6 komt met een goede uitlaatsysteem tot zn recht :thumbs:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@grzesiekv6 your pipes look good! I did this to make sure they were 100% equal lenght, 1 corner extra of 45 degree surely wont take that much of difference since there are already alot of them in there.

A

·
0 Posts
I looked a little bit at the argray pipes, in my opinium they cant be equal lenght mine are! thats why maybe it looks a little different but the flow is there....
They are not equal because they took into account the length of the manifolds as well ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts