Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know!! I just can't believe anyone would go out and buy a car knowing it would cost that much!! The fact he won't listen to the advice being given is shocking!! Also from what he says he makes a week (£40) the car costs him £150 a month he will only have £2.50 a week left to insure it and put petrol in and thats it, can't then do anything else!!!!! Absolute madness!!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I know!! I just can't believe anyone would go out and buy a car knowing it would cost that much!! The fact he won't listen to the advice being given is shocking!! Also from what he says he makes a week (£40) the car costs him £150 a month he will only have £2.50 a week left to insure it and put petrol in and thats it, can't then do anything else!!!!! Absolute madness!!
Without reading the whole thread, I think he meant that from his weekly money he only needs to put aside £40 a week to pay for the car rather than only earning £40 quid a week.

Still mad for overpaying on a small car. We all need wheels but good old Carcrafty for making some more money!

D

·
0 Posts
I think the guys on that thread are horrible b****rds to be honest. Yes, the guy's been ripped off of such a magnitude that I wish I could go back in time and offer him some Darren156 'How not to lose money on ANY car' advice, but I can't, and he seems happy with his car and the amount he has paid.

Why they all want to rub his nose in it says more about them than it does his choice of cars, :tut:

I'll never get a car on finance, especially not one that's still depreciating like the dickens, :eek:

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
I got a car on finance once, but would never do it again.

If you end up in financial trouble you can't sell the car to pay the debt off, so you either end up giving the car back and ending up with nothing at best. And the worst case scenario is that you end up in debt but with no car.

D

·
0 Posts
I am STILL thinking of taking out an interest free credit card next year with a £5000 limit, buying a classic like the Volvo P1800 to rag around in for a year, then once the interest free period dies, sell the car and pay the card off. But it's risky business...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Skell, i really wish you hadn't posted this link. It's like a car crash - I can't stop looking and it's taking over my entire lunchbreak!! :rant: :lol:

What an idiot this poor guy is. Just when i'm about to give it up and go back to the Times Online he brings the BNP into the equation - it's potentially going to get even more interesting! :eek:

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
I think he is a total cretin.

I would feel sorry for him, but he is so insistent that he has done the right thing that it is difficult to be sympathetic.

The worrying thing is, there are others like him around.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Poor kid, many of us have been there though in the days before the internet and consumer awareness, he has no excuse in this day and age.

Interesting that the threads on the renault forum have all been locked. I have to wonder what delights were posted and subsequently removed by moderators before the threads were locked. :lol:

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh dear................

that is really all I am going to say on the matter.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Skell, i really wish you hadn't posted this link. It's like a car crash - I can't stop looking and it's taking over my entire lunchbreak!! :rant: :lol:

What an idiot this poor guy is. Just when i'm about to give it up and go back to the Times Online he brings the BNP into the equation - it's potentially going to get even more interesting! :eek:
I know Gil I was up until 4am reading it!! The while BNP bit just makes it better, apparently he thinks that he can't get insurance for less than £3k because of all the "non English" in Bradford!! He subsequently gets proved wrong many times over, he even posts pics of the quotes which show some were less than £3k!! Total madness!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Without reading the whole thread, I think he meant that from his weekly money he only needs to put aside £40 a week to pay for the car rather than only earning £40 quid a week.

Still mad for overpaying on a small car. We all need wheels but good old Carcrafty for making some more money!
Rereading it now I think you are right (was late and I was tired lol) but it turns out that with insurance etc it will end up costing the poor chap about £300 a month for a "cheap run around"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts