Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Alfa 147 2003 1.6 twinspark,as i was driving the other day the EOBD light came on,i pulled over and turned off the engine,when i tried to start again it would not. As i understand from the handbook it maybe to do with an electric fault or the mass air filter.
I alsoread that i could restart the car using my code,which i have not tried.
I have been told by a local mechanic that the cambelt has faile,he did not use a diagnostic tool , but said he could feel no compression when he tried to turn it over?
sorry this has been so long, but has anyone got any ideas?
regards

R

·
0 Posts
If he knows the cambelt is gone, I'm afraid you're in for a very expensive christmas! The belts have been downgraded to need changing every 35,000 miles, most cars are every 60,000, how many miles you done? Bearing in mind your car is 8 years old and age can be a problem over and above use for this particular component. But.....was the engine running when you stopped the car or did it stop itself? You say you turned off the engine so it may just be a sensor or something less expensive that is stopping it from starting. MAF sensor usually results in loss of power from others experiences on here. I think the petrol engines have a cam sensor that gets a lot of discussion on here, that might be where to start if the belt is still intact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts