Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Bit of a strange request this one but here goes........

Almost a week has passed since I lost my dear brother to a shocking and unexpected short illness.
As a family we are all still trying to come to terms with the devastation and upset this has caused.

We are now in the period of trying to arrange his final journey and I can't help remembering a past conversation with him in a pub garden whilst watching a funeral procession pass by. Not one for the norm, he expressed his wishes to have a procession of Alfas to see him on his way, never ever thinking that day would come so quickly. I now feel it is my duty to fulfill that wish.

We have both been Alfa lovers over the years owning between us Alfasud, 33, 145's, 155's, 166 from standard to cloverleaf to the V6.
My brother Paul finally owned the car of his dreams in the shape of the gorgeous Alfa Sprint Veloce in gleaming bright red....... a thing of real beauty, until some idiot rear ended him and the car was written off. He never really got over that to be honest, he loved it that much a large canvas print of it adorned the wall of his living room.

We are located in the North West of England close to Warrington with the date of the service being Friday 15th December late morning. It is a lovely old church with a nice old pub next to it, it's car park being shared with the church.
It would be absolutely amazing if we could fill that car park with his dream cars on the day.

Please take a moment to consider your support and rally your co Alfa enthusiasts, you would be doing an utterly amazing thing.

If you think you can make his wish happen please contact me preferably by text or on here

Geoff 07710 665403

·
Administrator
87,313 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
SIncere condolences, if i wasnt so far away in East Anglia i would get involved. Theres plenty on here in the North West though, so hope theres a good take up. WOuld suggest postimg this on Piston Heads too if not done already. Happy to link it myself if you would like.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,328 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

I have copied this post to this section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Geoff, very saddened to hear of the loss of your brother Paul. It would be great to honour him with a collection of Alfa's finest. I'm based in Helsby and have a 2001 gtv. Although I work in Chester until 12.30 I'm sure we can come to some arrangement so at least the car is there for him. Will be in touch over the weekend. Regards, Pinin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts