Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips? Leasys (PCH) say the 2nd sevice on my Giulia Specialie has to be at a main dealer and that makes it £500. Has anyone got it cheaper? Or the 18in tyres for that matter (£450 fr, £500 rr)? Any advice appreciated! It's a bit much and is putting me off getting another one.

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
How does that compare to equivalent the Audi or BMW?
Probably very similar. Especially if you’re with the M25.

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
Is that in your T&Cs that is has to be main dealer serviced? I guess if it's their car and you're leasing it, you will have to follow the T&Cs, whatever it is that they stipulate with regard to servicing & tyres.

Although on the tyres front, as long as it has the correct ones on it when it goes back I wouldn't have thought it matters what you put on it in the meantime. If your current tyres are low but still legal, keep hold of them and put them back on when the car goes back, then you can use whatever tyres you want in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Shop around for prices at different dealers and also look at joining AROC who (sometimes) get a 10% discount.
Can't remember how much I paid for my second service, but it wasn't that much, not even close, I got the AROC discount too.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My 320D MSport used to cost around £350 for a service at a BM main dealer, that was under lease from new, service interval was every 18K.

I would say that figure (£500) sounds a bit steep, especially as they're obviously not changing spark plugs or a load of belts on the 2nd service (although I maybe wrong on that one).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Like VeloceMitch says above try shopping around. I did this when I "had" to get my PCH BMW serviced at a main stealers (though I'm not actually quite sure how legal this is nowadays, maybe worth checking...) - I saved hundreds by just asking "will you beat this price I just got from xxxx?". You''ll be amazed how many do. I know it's a pain having to ring around / hanging-on the phone etc AND the best-priced dealer may be a 50 mile drive away.... but you do save a decent bit of cash.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
My next service will be the fourth service.....belts and braces I think for that so I'm expecting it to be expensive. I doubt it'll be going to a dealer, more likely a more local indy. But then again, I'm quite happy to be convinced otherwise.….

·
Registered
830 Posts
Shop around for prices at different dealers and also look at joining AROC who (sometimes) get a 10% discount.
Can't remember how much I paid for my second service, but it wasn't that much, not even close, I got the AROC discount too.
Do you mind me asking where that was VM?

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
373 Posts
Does anyone have any tips? Leasys (PCH) say the 2nd sevice on my Giulia Specialie has to be at a main dealer and that makes it £500. Has anyone got it cheaper? Or the 18in tyres for that matter (£450 fr, £500 rr)? Any advice appreciated! It's a bit much and is putting me off getting another one.
Hi Guys
Just for information

I had my July 2017 Veloce serviced on 5th July this year for £317.95 (looked it up).

I live in South East Wales and LC Motors (service agents) at Cwmbran did it.

They used to sell Alfa's in the 1990's but have remained a service agent although they don't sell Alfa's any more. I have used them for years and they give me discount on parts and labour (long time customer). I would thoroughly recommend them

It was a standard 18000 service

Cheers

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hi Guys
Just for information

I had my July 2017 Veloce serviced on 5th July this year for £317.95 (looked it up).

I live in South East Wales and LC Motors (service agents) at Cwmbran did it.

They used to sell Alfa's in the 1990's but have remained a service agent although they don't sell Alfa's any more. I have used them for years and they give me discount on parts and labour (long time customer). I would thoroughly recommend them

It was a standard 18000 service

Cheers
I've used LC Motors quite a lot over the years, both at Cwmbran and Newport, even though I have to cross over the Severn from Gloucestershire and I fully support that recommendation.

Andy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine is a 2 year lease and it's going to be about 15000 miles on a 16k deal.
Presumably I don't need to get it serviced as I'll be handing it back before the computer tells me to?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I thought there’s a 12 month service. Luckily I will get this free of charge.
I know there's a 48 month service. Unfortunately I won't get this free of charge!:cry:

·
Registered
657 Posts
https://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/mopar/book-a-service

follow this link and book your service via this. £225 for a major service if I'm right. If you ask a price from the dealership itself they can add a premium and charge whatever they like. This link books it directly through alfa UK at their set price.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Second service at Piccadilly in August was £456.24, including brake fluid change, over £300 of which was labour. I've been in AROC for 42 years and it never occurred to me to ask for a discount!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts