Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car over year it's had its highs and lows but more high really loving this car right now my 147JTD mjet

The styling handling and comfort just hits the point on me thinking not another car i can think of within budget I would change it for

Anyone else feeling the same?

·
Registered
58 Posts
im also enjoying my 147 experience.

I paid peanuts for an almost mint 147 1.6 TS with only 47k miles on the clock.

So far it has been a pleasure to own. I've had the windscreen replaced as well as the cam belt and water pump. She runs and drives excellently.

I have replaced the stereo and front speakers as the original radio was a bit naff.

My only gripe is that the road noise can be quite intrusive. I'm putting this down to cheap tyres fitted by the previous owner. Once these need replacing i'll get some hopefully quieter ones fitted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my 147TS 1.6 in October...gave £250 with 3 month mot spent 200 getting it through another mot in December,because I wanted various jobs sorting before it expired in January.....cracking car,...the attention I've received is unbelievable....you wouldn't get that with the modern BMWs and Audis. I also own a 63 plate insignia but the Alfa just puts a grin on my face every time I drive it...if God drove a car it would be an Alfa...like someone once said..:)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also have to say the jtd mjet engine is just perfect for the 147 fast but economical not thst I've owned any of the other models but really does suit the size well

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my 147TS 1.6 in October...gave £250 with 3 month mot spent 200 getting it through another mot in December,because I wanted various jobs sorting before it expired in January.....cracking car,...the attention I've received is unbelievable....you wouldn't get that with the modern BMWs and Audis. I also own a 63 plate insignia but the Alfa just puts a grin on my face every time I drive it...if God drove a car it would be an Alfa...like someone once said..:)

I've also got a Honda accord type r Turbo which I've built but this 147 gives a grin everytime around the back country roads

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
At last a 147 appreciation thread (No offence to you GT owners but I had the choice and chose a 147).

Had my 147 about four and a half years now and I still love it, bought it with 30k on the clock and its now at around 62k and it has never let me down (even when I drove it up a mountain, ripped the undertray off and trashed a wishbone it still got me home the 1000 miles from Italy, and clocked 130 on the Autobahn on the way).

I have spent a small amount on it besides the usual servicing:biglaugh: but I really can't see anything I would replace it with in the near future, and it is still a bit of an ongoing project.

DSCN0360.jpg

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
just a year with mine but 35k covered and A LOT of modification:biglaugh:

can't see past it in terms of a replacement...what else is there in the current market..? the only things I am interested in would run into £££££S DB9,3200, or a C63.

if it died a death tomorrow I suppose I could live with a Brera if I wanted to stay Alfa, if not then i'm afraid on my current financial situation (10k) it would be an Audi TT coupe with the 3.2 ..a good MK1 or maybe a MK2..a 370Z or a Z4 coupe.

come on Giulia be good ,be good, be good...! if I get the job I am currently looking at I may be able to swing the Giulia on a PCP next year and take the GT off the road. waiting for the petrol turbo model..:thumbup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
what's this...GT owners jumping in on a 147 thread....tut tut!!!!

I could love my 147 if only I could finish the project.
2005 pre-facelift with facelifted rear bumper and tailgate.
Facelifted bonnet installed, just need time to work on the front wings and bumper (paint and a little surface rust removal).
Then she should be close to being back on the road!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've only had my 147 on the road, working, for ~6weeks, so haven't yet got a long-term perspective. However I absolutely love it. It reminds me of the Golf Gti Mk1 that I owned 1987-92, except it's far more solid, much quieter, safer, more comfortable, quicker, stops better. It has in common great looks and handling, and a rather naughty soul. I don't know whether it's the slightly lower suspension on the Q2 and uprated ARB's but it corners very flat with epic amounts of grip. I had to lower the Golf 30mm on Bilsteins to get that.

I did a 380ml round trip one day last week, mostly in foul weather, and felt like I'd driven 20mls thanks to the seats and the fact it's so damn nice to drive. The fuel gauge showed just under half a tank remaining. I did another 80mls the next day, and still had 1/3 tank. My previous slug-like 2L petrol Renault would have been half way through a second 55L tank, so that just feels like cheating :)

What don't I like? Speed humps. With only 4" clearance to the undertray behind the wheels, our local 10,000 5" humps are a PITA. It crashes a bit over the UK's potholes, but that's sports suspension for you.

I can't imagine what else I'd buy instead that is half as likeable. Any car that I can afford would likely have issues, which I have dealt with on this car to the point it should need only service stuff. The only reason I'd get rid of this one now is the monster rogering by taxation, which I'm sure government is planning as part of its War on Diesel.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I was to change it definitely be a 3 door ducati corse in white.. And yes they do look quite similar those wheels.. And to all GT and 156 owners please do not enter this thread as it's only for the 147 the best model in the range :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
2005 pre-facelift with facelifted rear bumper and tailgate.
Oi, you nicked that idea from me !!

If I was to change it definitely be a 3 door ducati corse in white.. And yes they do look quite similar those wheels.. And to all GT and 156 owners please do not enter this thread as it's only for the 147 the best model in the range :)
I got a red Ducati Corse you can buy . . .

or a 3 door exactly like yours in gaybiano blue with a Q2, GTA uprights/305 Brembos, GTA antiroll bars, FSDs, Eibachs, Ducati interior, GT console, GTA headlights, facelift rear end and Bose. Love the 147, but 3 is too many :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts