Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you think England should have its own Parliament ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
I think if the "British" Parliament was doing it's job properly, we wouldn;t have a need for the devolved parliaments.

So.. "no". It'll only promote incompetence.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
No, I think this whol devolution thing has gone as far as it needs to. I mean, where will it stop, will Cornwall and Yorkshire have its own assembly, will the kingdoms of Mercia and Northumberland suddenly be reformed :(

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
nope, another tier of government run by self-interested greasy-palmed liars (aka politicians) is the LAST thing we need

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
No, and I don't think Scotland and Wales should have one either. A single UK parliament seems like the best answer to me.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Separate English, N. Irish, Welsh and Scottish lower houses
with a combined, elected House of Lords.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Gary Slegg said:
No, I think this whol devolution thing has gone as far as it needs to. I mean, where will it stop, will Cornwall and Yorkshire have its own assembly, will the kingdoms of Mercia and Northumberland suddenly be reformed :(
When the Kingdom of Northumberland is reformed, Edinburgh will need to be returned to it ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I voted yes, there is nothing wrong with the UK, but if each country wants to have its own parliment that sets the laws of the land, then each country should be self funding and not rely on funding from England, if they wish to keep the funding from England, then, and only then, all laws for the UK should be set by the English parliment. On the other hand, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts