Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a T Spark GTV. It's only done 67,000 miles and looks like new. Unfortunately sometimes, when turning right, the engine temporary loses power and the Engine Control System warning light comes on. As soon as I straighten up, everything goes back to normal.

I need hardly say that there's little worse than an intermittent electrical/electronic problem for faultfinding. So I'm hoping that someone might know something about it.
:confused:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Get the code read. It will at least give you a starting point.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Check that the Battery is secure. People have reported similar problems when turning as the +ve Terminal on the Battery can short out to the Body when turning if the Battery is not secure.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Check that the Battery is secure. People have reported similar problems when turning as the +ve Terminal on the Battery can short out to the Body when turning if the Battery is not secure.
That's a brilliant suggestion, I'd forgotten that one. Well done Nige!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you've got it. I've just checked, and as you suggest, the battery's loose. Not only that but I can see that the centrifugal force of a hard right turn could cause a short.

I've secured it and will try some hard cornering when it's not raining.

Thanks very much.

Ted

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
yes mine was like this 1st day i got it................... was the positive terminal hitting various earths as it was moving that's why it was sometimes OK sometimes not

eventually it cut out lol ( 1st day i got it i tell you)

·
16,322 Posts
I think you've got it. I've just checked, and as you suggest, the battery's loose. Not only that but I can see that the centrifugal force of a hard right turn could cause a short.

I've secured it and will try some hard cornering when it's not raining.

Thanks very much.

Ted

:thumbs: Good news indeed, hope that this the problem, nothing like an easy fix !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:thumbs: Good news indeed, hope that this the problem, nothing like an easy fix !
Thanks to everyone for replying. Nige005 and Bradpit999 got it right. I secured the battery and I’ve just done some hard right-hand cornering, and it behaves perfectly.

Ted

·
16,322 Posts
Thanks to everyone for replying. Nige005 and Bradpit999 got it right. I secured the battery and I’ve just done some hard right-hand cornering, and it behaves perfectly.

Ted
:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts