Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
On the way to work this morning the engine warning light has come on and the start stop has been disconnected.
Anybody had this!!
Will it clear it's self when it gets a bit warmer?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you checked your oil level recently?

Mine did this a couple of weeks ago, I checked the oil level and it was below the minimum on the dipstick :tut:

Topped it up, the light went out, and it has been fine ever since :thumbs:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Topped it up about 2 weeks ago with a litre, going to start it at lunch to see if the lights still on

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALL FIXED...dropped car in at Guest and the re-booted the ECU which cleared the issue

·
Registered
644 Posts
Topped it up about 2 weeks ago with a litre, going to start it at lunch to see if the lights still on
A liter top-up is quite a lot which means you were under the MIN level? I would check the level more often.
Personally I'd never be comfortable driving with the level anywhere lower than midway between MIN & MAX and even then only if I absolutely had to drive before topping up!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had this at the weekend. But it's not the engine warning light, it it? It looks like an engine, but it's actually an injector/EODB sensor?

Mine was on a new Mito (couple hundred miles). I put it down to just a blip, dirt particle in fuel, or fact I'd started with lights on.

Turned off. Restarted, went away and hasn't been back since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had same problem with DNA when the car had only 450km! There was an increasing number of times when the warning light appeared and it stayed on until the motor was shut down. It was almost always cleared with a reboot. At the garage they found a faulty timing valve or sensor which was replaced. After replacement and software update the Dynamic and AllWeather have been available at all times except for the first second after starting the motor. This seems a bit weird to me and the garage has promised to look at it again. I'm not so sure that the software update really fixed the real problems behind the fault. I was told at the garage that some giuliettas have had too sensitive sensors and this 'fault' has been fixed with software. This makes these "sensors" a bit unreliable in my opinion.

Does anyone else have this brief moment of the screen saying: "AllWeather and Dynamic not available" when starting the motor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts