Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 155TS 16v 1.8 1997 and the questions are:

1.Is it possible to transplant a FIAT coupe turbo 16v engine (complete with gearbox & drive train component) to an ALFA155? If yes, please provide me some explanation….

2.Can I remain the original braking system or must be changed? Please advise

3.What is the best shock absorber for ALFA155 for daily driving?

Thanks in advance….
:confused: :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would say that you could fit the fiat coupe 16v turbo engine as it is basically the same as the Q4 engine, however , not to sure about the linkage to the gearbox (Q4 is cable) and the driveshafts.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the engine will fit, but..it's not easy to buy a reasonably sound Q4??

Your 'project' will involve a lot of money, if not in spares, in labour...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would also suggest you upgrade the brakes as the 1.8 discs are smaller than the 2.0 and the Fiat Turbo may be even bigger!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine,gearbox and driveshafts will fit right over,at least mechanical,another thing is tecnical.First you will have to build over to cable shift,easy,but you will have to bye this to.Another problem could be the ABS disc's(what are they called?)Don't know about theese.And ofcource you will also have to bye complet electrical wire-set to the engine,and ECU.But it is absolutly possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 155 is the same front end as the tipo(chassis not wings)and the tipo is the same as the coupe all the mounting points are in the same place so it will fit could be struggle to make the loom fit but its easily doable.you could even swap the whole sub-frame complete with suspension and brakes (might even be easier).....have fun...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with jimybob.

And I forgot something : The brakes on a Coupe 16v Turbo is the same as the ones on a 155 2,0 16v.284 mm. ventilated disc's.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The 20v turbo will fit too. It uses the 155 gearbox too. The engine mounts are the same.

20v discs are 315mm as well, compared to the 2.0 16v which are 284mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts