Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there have a 156 with a dying enine, it's the 1.6 variety, i have the option of a 2.0 engine will this fit, also i won't be doing it it'll be someone else will it be easy enough for them? Cheers

·
0 Posts
check your insurance company will cover a mod like this!

i have plans to stick a 3.0 V6 in a 147 next year, if i make it a road legal car my current insurance wont entertain it!

Dann

·
0 Posts
well if i can get a v6 into a 1.6 then you shouldn't have any probs, maybe ECU tho? i'm sure someone with a more definite answer will be along in a bit :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
you will probably need also a new wireloom and ECU !!!! what engine Code is the original engine and what code
is the transplant engine ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i don't actually know the engine code, for either engine all i know is the 1.6 is year 2000 and 2.0 is the same

C

·
0 Posts
check your insurance company will cover a mod like this!

i have plans to stick a 3.0 V6 in a 147 next year, if i make it a road legal car my current insurance wont entertain it!

Dann
Not a viable option unless you have a LOT of time, and most of a 147 GTA

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
i'm pretty sure the 1.6 ECU can handle a 2.0 ?

It'll run it, I'm sure, but you wont get optimum performance as the 2.0 runs a variable inlet tract in the plenum chamber, which the 1.6 doesn't have, so the ECU won't operate it, even if you use the 2.0 plenum.......

Other than that I can't think of any major issues.....

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
should be straight forward . You will need the two litre ecu. I think you may also need the code box which tells the ecu its ok to start. which would also mean you need the key from the 2.0 as that has the code chip in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts