Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i am still alive, just a quick question.

if i replace my engine with a engine exactly the same, same year, everything. the only difrence would be the miles, which are a lot less on the new engine..would this or could this afect the tranny or drive terain??

reason for asking is that if the engine is newer it might be slightly stronger and might damage the tranny and drive terain which would be used to the older engine..

does this make sense?

N

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You should be alright. While you have the engine out, maybe change the clutch ??
Check the ECU numbers are the same. If the replacement engine is newer, it might have a slightly different ECU.

Marlon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new engine is the same year as mine 1995.

N

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need the ECU and keys anyway for the all the code stuff (unless there's another way round this!) but I dont see any reason why the engine swap shouldn't be ok. Lots of people put newer engines in cars with no problems.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nicholas if your just swapping the engine then you should`nt have to worry about the ECU from the old car

and as Marlon says change the clutch and the cambelt etc before you put it in and as long as your gearbox is ok now then it``ll be ok with the new motor in :D :D

Glad to see you have`nt left us for long wink :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The (/&(&(/&)(& wants $1500 for the engine, i think its way too much, plus $650 instalation, plus other, it will be like buyi ng a new car. i am still thinking about it.

N

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Considering there are only about 5 155's in your country I think he is being a bit over the top, there is a limited market...try $1000 fitted wink

Engines here fetch less than $1500 and I'm sure the cost of living is different where you are!

wrinx

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$1500?...I think he may be a stand
up comedian.....always barter eek!

..tell him $800 all in, including fitting
(which wont take him THAT long) or
you'll marry his sister from Caracas :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No way i am paying $1500, i am tryinbg to get my chassis sold. there are like 3 guys with engines, one might wanna buy a chassis.

There are 5 155 roling, aperantly there are several NOT rolling in the entirior of the country, cars that bean crashed.

N

1 - 9 of 9 Posts