Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing out a question regarding doing an engine swap from a 3.0 166 super to a 156 V6 Q-system
Will it fit?
Has anyone done this before on a Q-sys?
What are the pitfalls?

There are plenty of conversions on the manual 156 but to be honest, I would love to keep the Aisin box in as it's truly bullet proof and tried and tested in the Lexus/ Toyota Supra models with 300 bhp +
I know you can get the job lot with a sportronic box but I love the ratio's a Q-sys has already

Your thoughts, knowledge and experience please:thumbs:

·
Registered
180 Posts
interesting post this,,are there any close up pics of the 2.5 and 3.0 ltre alfa engines knocking about ,,weights and measurement etc,,i am considering a major swap myself
nigel

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry i meant pictures of the engine and box out of the car,,on a bench etc

·
Registered
275 Posts
3.0 into a 156 has been done, but the engine mounts on the 166 are slightly different if memory serves. Q-system is just the gearbox so shouldn't make any difference?

·
Registered
180 Posts
147/156 3.2 24v

i am obviously new to the alfa scene,,i assume the 3.2 24v engine is the same engine

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris155 is your man for these quesitons. But afaik its perfectly possible to do it. If you need to swap the rear head/stabiliser bracket you have the 156 engine for that & other parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts