Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one post before regarding engine uneven running , my 1,7 8v engine is still stalling. I tried all things heard here but nothing, when I turn engine first 6-7 sec work fine and than start to stall and overfuel too…works fine when I give it good run and engine gets 90C and when weather is warmer…computer diagnostic show nothing. I have cleaned air flow sensor, changed water temp sensor, put cleaner for injectors, cleaned plugs and adjusted on 0,7mm,cleaned HT leads…cleaned fuel filter..On lambda I gets 0,19 and 0,42V with multimeter…when I disconnect lambda same thing, nothing changes…still stalling..one of many mechanics I have visit sad that HT leads(plugs connectors) are not to good but they can not affect so much on engine don’t they?...still stalling…

Regards

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ..cleaned Idle Control Valve too nothing helps...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Only other thing i think of is it`s sucking in air

Get someone to hold the revs on so it doesnt stall and spray around all the gaskets and pipes and see if the revs raise or lower and try to pinpoint where its drwing it in thats if it makes a difference to the revs

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try tapping (lightly) the idle control valve with a teasing stick (hammer). :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your lambda reading is far too low - should alternate between 0.4 and 0.8 Volts, under full load it should show 0.9 and more.

So your engine is running very lean.

When you check for air leaks, don't forget to take a look at the oil filler gasket and also check the oil dipstick guide and seals.

If the lambda readings drop on acceleration, it's most likely the fuel pump, a clogged filter or the pressure regulator.

Another idea is to check the Air Mass Meter, maybe the heated wire is filthy.

Good luck

amir/germany

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Amir maybe I shold just replace lambda...I should say that engine is making rich mixture since is makeing huge fuel consuption...

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts