Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do those funny clips work?

The ones on the airbox-air flow meter hose, etc. and on the inlet pipes (V6).

For those of you without these little gems, they have a little hook section at one end and a pimple of metal that fits into a slot on the other end.

Somehow you tug them together, feed the pimple bit into the groove and then hook the hook end over a raised bridge bit on the other.

It sounds simple but I find it impossible to hold both ends, lift the hook end and then lower it the other side of the bridge bit, using anything less than 4 hands. I always manage to impale myself on a screwdriver or pliers.

It took me longer to refit the clip than everything else involved in changing the air filter yesterday.

There must be a knack in using them, or the factory would have to hire a thousand people to build each car - 1 to assemble the car and 999 to fit the clips!

What's the slidy bit that fits in the slot on the other end for? The whole thing looks really ingenious but I just don't get it.

And do the guys who design these magnificent creations ever have to undo them (the easy bit) or put them back together again?

Ralf S.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mole grips are the answer.. big ones which can reach both bits & squeze them together.. problem sorted!

·
Banned
477 Posts
The way I got them to work is by getting replacement normal jubilee clips from B&Q :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same as F2G..

mole grips... just pull them togethre and they will clip.. took a while to get the hang of this but works ok :)

j

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are called 'click clips'and i have the propper tool to get them on and off.. :D :D

the best way is to use side cutters.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't beat being well equiped with a decent tool wink wink

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
put simply.. they are the spawn of the devil! who ever invented them needs a slap. But I bet they are nice & easy to fit at the factory!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want a "proper tool" instead of feeling like one every time I have to undo the *****.

What's the number and how much does it cost?

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont know where you get them...i got my kit from a local motor factor is comes with about 20 different size clips and the pliers to do them with.....it was called 'click clip 100'.i think.

yeh another excuse for a piccy post.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
i got tool for them off britool tool van or try your local motor factors ie partco only cost about a tenner and saves hours of heartache and swearing wink

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
... and jabbing screwdrivers through your knuckles, hopefully!

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always reckon a job's not been done right unless you lose skin from at least one knuckle! eek! :rolleyes:
:D
wrinx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts