Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Switch the engine off and disconnect the induction hose into the throttle body. Find out if the throttle butterfly is closing fully.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took off the induction hose an the butterfly valve isnt closing properly its ever so slightly open, what does this mean?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Idle air controlled by the base setting of the throttle body and the idle air control valve? ECM uses information from various inputs, such as coolant temperature, manifold vacuum etc. for the effective control of the idle speed? Cleaning may help?:):

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It should close virtually fully. When I mean fully, it should very nearly seal the throttle body, but *** never closes at 90 degrees across the direction of flow. If you can see light past it, or know it is open slightly, either it is malfunctioning or the throttle needs reset. I cannot remember the proceedure, but it'll try find the proceedure for you.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Throttle reset .... ignition on for 90 secs, then off for 90 secs, then start and idle for a few mins. Don't touch the throttle pedal while doing this. You might need to try this couple of times.

You have a fly-by-wire throttle on the V6, so when cleaning don't force the butterfly open by hand, it can damage the electronics and drive gear. I always strip my throttle body down to clean it even on my old TS with throttle cable. That way the actuators don't get moved out of sync.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
No?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Between the throttle pedal and the throttle body. There isn't a throttle cable as on other cars .. it's controlled by electronics. Check all the connections, etc at both ends as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts