Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying desperatly to find this out.

Can I remove my 8v through the engine bay out the top if I removed the heads first???

I cannot loft up the car nor do I have a engine hoist and my engine needs to come out for an over haul.

I feel like I'm actually wasting my time as I have already asked this question twice with no answer. Thanks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
hi, yes you can get out the top but its very very hard and you will scratch / hit / bend things all over the place.

drop it out from under the car, its the easiest way to do it

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot go downwards my driveway is about 15 to 20 degree slope and I have nothing to raise the car up. My front end is being rebuilt anyway so not worries about scratching anything. Just as long as I can get out the top it's fine. Engine is going to my mate for the rebuild and the car will be collected for bodywork and respray which includes engine bay.

·
Registered
870 Posts
well if you want to go that way .... but i really would advise you not too as its a night mare getting them in and out.... cant you put the car some place flat? can you do it where its being painted? really you want to take it out from the bottom.. trust me !

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it has to come out the bottom then I'm screwed as I will have to get it transported somewhere and I can't afford that just yet, but the engine needs to be out asap. I don't even have the luxury of a garage anymore since moving. It's a game of time and money as I haven't got much of either

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
to get it out from the bottom all you need is a pair of normal car ramps that lift the front end maybe by 8"? You can then drop the engine with a normal car jack. You could probably do this on your drive with the slope
To ease engine removal through the top it might help to remove distributor, sump, oil pump, gearbox tailshaft.

rsfruitbat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts