Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any member please advise me last week the gearbox flashed yellow on the computer display also flashed by the speedo. the warning has not reappeared now for nearley two weeks i looked in the hand book and it says go to dealer possible cat failure,i checked under bonnet and found the air hose coupled to the throttle body had split, i have changed that part now and i have a flat spot on acceleration from cold.not sure if this fault is related any advise will be greatley appreciated thanx chris:cry:

L

·
0 Posts
are you sure it was a gearbox [ which would imply Selespeed ] shaped symbol?

perhaps it was an engine shaped symbol?

If the pipe was split before the throttle body that would be enough to make the Engine ( shaped ) Management Light come on. You may need a diagnostic session to clear this error & in turn that 'might' cure the hesitation issue.

otherwise if bad acceleration from cold starts continues after you have cleared the faults on the ecu, then I'd supect water or oil has got in around the spark plugs or they plugs could be old & in need of replacing. 60,ooo miles is their lifetime. NGK plugs are the best to use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanx lacken 156 will change plugs this weekend am i right in assuming i wont need a diagnostic because the warning has not reappeared. or will i have to do this if so can a member advise of a dealer and costing approx for this thanx chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts