Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

does anyone know what the engine presure is in LB for my 155 2.0 8V 1995.. meaning, what did it hav as new.

Nicholas

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you mean what the oil pressure should be ???
Or what the torque (power) should be ???

Marlon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm its not oil, and its not torque power.

its what you measure by putting a machine on the where the spark plugs go, and measure the preasure of the engine...?????

N

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicholas:
Hmmm its not oil, and its not torque power.

its what you measure by putting a machine on the where the spark plugs go, and measure the preasure of the engine...?????

N
So it's compression, then. But dunno what the value should be.. More important, than the exact value (if > 6 or so) ,is that all the cylinders show the same.

The exact value is dependant on the instrument and calibration. Differences between cylinders is the thing that counts.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
If your using a convential compression tester then you would expect a reading between 125 and 150 on the gauge on each cylinder

At least that what most modern engines run at if one is considerably lower than the others then i think you got a problem or if there all roughly the same then all should be well :rolleyes: :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm thanks.... reason why i ask is that a buddy of mine has a Mazda 323, with 200 eek!

N

1 - 7 of 7 Posts