Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a first time owner of a 2001 Alpha Romeo 147 2l with 300000 km on the odomoter. My uncle gave me the car with a problem of engine oil pressure light constantly going on.
The light doesnt go and its constantly beeping. He says he has been driving the car like that for some time. Has someone faced a similar issue with this car before? Temperatures remain stable and vehicle has power. What can this problem be? Is it pump, sensor, filter or what might ne the issue. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1. Assuming oil quantity and quality are good....It could be... low oil pressure. 300,000km is a lot on a petrol engine.
    Okay, thats the message showing on the dashboard. What would you suggest i do? I changed oil pump and its still coming on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Could just be a worn out engine. Valve stem seals, piston rings etc. If it blows smoke or seems to use oil then it will just be fair wear and tear for age and mileage, as stated 300,000kms is a lot on a petrol engine, especially a high-revving engine like the TS. I had a petrol car with 290,000kms. It burned oil because it was just old and high mileage so the seals are just not as good as they were when new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im rather thinking it might be sensor or simply worn out engine as stated above. It doesn't take that much oil though. Please advise on how to test for pressure.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I see overtyping Alpha with A**** isn't a feature of the new forum.

Heads up to Mrgoodbytes, it's Alfa. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts