Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I recently took my car to a local mechanic to have the Blue&Me unit replaced, which involved removing the dashboard. Ever since this has been done, the engine noise has been significantly louder - I have to turn the music volume to 32 before it's drowned out.

Looking at the rev counter, it appears to be normal, is accelerating as normal, is not making a whining or whistling noise, it's just louder.

Does anyone have any idea what may have happened, please?

TIA

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
haven't removed a dash from a giulietta, but have in other cars. some need the removal of the brake master and servo from the engine bay and there should be gasket of sorts to keep noise from entering the cabin there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was thinking similar. I'm going to get the mechanic to run me back home in it so he can hear the noise, and then play him a YouTube test drive video so he can see the difference.

Once he's fixed the mistake I'm changing mechanics - this one is an idiot. He also told me that I'd have to replace the entire light unit because it's a sealed unit and a xenon bulb, £480. I took it somewhere else and they replaced the NORMAL bulb there and then... £13.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts